...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Wide-toed hiking, running and casual shoes by VivoBarefoot

Barefoot running has its charms.  But since those barefoot running shoes are often hard to put on, most people are opting for other things.  Since comfortable shoes that allow decent toe spread are my current obsession, I want to share what I have learned with you - other wise it's not much fun to find things out if I can't share them.

Oh, so that's why they have different shaped shoes...


First of all, there is the matter of foot shape.  Some of you might have a foot with a longer second toe.  That kind of foot has no problems with regular shoes because it gives them room for that longer toe with a rounded or pointed toe box.  I have something between Egyptian and Roman.  And that means trouble for shoes because they end up not fitting.  My foot is wide in the front and narrower in the heel.  I've decided to give up designer and fashion shoes for the sake of comfort.  Mainly, I've started to have bunions, despite wearing only modest shoes for many years since an ankle sprain sidelined me.

One of the problems with this new view is that you often miss out of some element of fashion.  But I feel that VivoBarefoot solves that problem by having some cute flats and some alternate designs beyond just running shoes.  They even have hiking boots, rain boots, and water shoes.  As per usual, I think Amazon is the way to go with being able to try them on and send them back if you don't like them.

UPDATE:  Tried the Vivobarefoot hiking boots - these run a size smaller compared to Birkenstocks.  And they are great if you are going to hit dusty, dirt or gravelly trails.  Maybe rocky.  I don't do any of that.  What I really need is more like a high top or something like that.  Street shoes with real ankle support.  Like I said, Amazon makes it really easy to return things through their online system.  If you know how to use the internet (of course you do!) and your printer, you are golden.



Please check out my other recommendations:
Best running shoes for wide feet & toes
More best running shoes for wide feet & toes

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! Commenting is now open to everyone! (Write to me for advice! SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

2 comments:

Ame said...

i have roman toes that are spread apart between my big toe & the one next to it ... and then btw that 'next to it' toe and the middle toe.

thanks for the links and research!

SavvyD said...

Sounds to me like we have similar feet. Yes, I've been really obsessed. I want to avoid foot surgery if at all possible and make my feet last me the rest of my life. I haven't been able to walk very well for the past few years due to a right foot injury, never mind the sprained left ankle that made it so heels were out. It's been a real bummer because I used to go walking 3 mi daily.