...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wacky & creepy happenings with Google

I don't know how many blogger friends experienced the same issue, but for some reason Google was blocking the ability to log in, and now that thing is just gone.  It could be that I registered a different email without meaning to, but now I am able to log in no problem.  I thought there was something wrong and I would not be able to post anything anymore unless I gave up too much information to feel comfortable.  Our times have changed. 

Terms and conditions are everywhere around us, and we don't always know what we are getting into.  We are asked for our information, and our identity, because companies think they know what is best for us - so that they can advertise what they think we want, what they think concerns, and so they can cash in on these concerns and make money from our fears.  I mean, hey, who doesn't wish for a way to make money like these people do?  By advertising to us and selling to us - and by getting our information, our searches, our history, so they can do just that. I say this one the bring of checking out new computers and operating systems to see how I can tolerate change and updating.

It's harder than it used to be.  I skipped Windows 8, and with both 8 & 10, they want to know things about me.  They want my search history to go back to Microsoft and lure me under the auspices of points for searching that I can trade in for gift cards from partners, Bing points.  Everyone is doing it - cashback programs, membership programs, and all that crazy stuff.  Swagbucks?  I don't think so.  It's more appropriately called SwagCENTS.

It's creepy, in a way!  It's all based on speculation, prior searches, and whatever information they can desperately glean from anything we purchase online.  I guess they hope that they can make some money by figuring us out.  I think people are far more complex than what they are looking at.  What do you think? 

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! Commenting is now open to everyone! (Write to me for advice! SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

No comments: