...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Walmart Black Friday commercials feature Satanic music by AC/DC

For those about the SHOP, we salute you!  You've been sold a bill of goods that Walmart is a Christian company which espouses Christian values.  They won't carry certain items in their store because of their values, etc.  I actually can't find very much to indicate that they are much in the way of Christian, it's more likely that they have exploited a certain image while they were exploiting kids in sweatshops.  But I can tell you that when it came to picking an exciting song for their commercial, they went with AC/DC's "Back In Black."

You know this band, right?  They are the band with some other great songs:  "Big Balls," "Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)," "You Shook Me All Night Long," "Hells Bells,"and the great classicas, "Highway to Hell" and "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)."  Lots of Christians probably won't recognize those chords and the flourish on the guitar, but I sure did.  My brother loved AC/DC and he would make me listen with him.  I'm hard pressed to say that I didn't enjoy singing along sometimes.

Please check out the commercial and the video.  I get it on a very basic level.  They are "Back In Black." for Black Friday.  And in fact, if they weren't allowing and encouraging the image of the themselves as Christian company I wouldn't mind it in the least.  In fact, you could say that AC/DC did pretty much the same thing, allowing and encouraging an image that they were somehow in league with the devil because it sold more records.  In other words, I don't actually think they are Satanic.  But it's something for you who ARE bothered by it to know the truth and a make a decision about where to shop based on that. 




Here is a link to an ACDC video "Back In Black" with "Highway to Hell."
http://youtu.be/A0Sc2CLqEmk

In case you want to give them a piece of your mind, I found the corporate complaints form online.  It says,  "Walmart is committed to providing you superior customer service and a pleasant shopping experience."  Really?  I don't think so, therefore I don't shop there.

And just so you know, AC/DC's fans don't like that the band licensed their song to Walmart.  They also aren't very happy that AC/DC's "Black Ice" album from 2008 was sold exclusively through Walmart.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! Commenting is now open to everyone! (Write to me for advice! SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

1 comment:

SavvyD said...

I'm still wondering what happened to everyone's moral outrage over the sewer that it rock 'n' roll. I high school I was told I was going to hell if I didn't listen to Christian music. What happened??