...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Words of Wisdom from Dear Abby

I don't usually read Dear Abby, however, this answer proved to be very insightful.  Some men are absolutely mystified as to why a woman they treat well doesn't respond in kind.  Do not waste time with these women.  Find one who does appreciate being treated well.  If you find yourself clinging to someone who doesn't want you, this is on you.

DEAR ABBY: Can a man be too good to a woman?
I dated this fantastic lady for four years. We made a commitment to be true to each other. She broke up with me. Her reason? She said I treated her too well.

We were good to each other. We never had a disagreement. We went on several trips together. I love her so much. How can a person be too good to the one he loves? -- BEGGING FOR ANSWERS IN NORTH CAROLINA

DEAR BEGGING: If a woman is used to abusive relationships, she may find being treated well not "exciting" enough. This usually happens when the person confuses love with feelings of anxiety and pain. Others can't resist a "challenge" and find stress-free relationships boring.

I'm sorry you are hurting, but please understand that you may have dodged a bullet. Once you accept it, you can move on.

Check out the original column.  The other advice is PRICELESS!

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! Commenting is now open to everyone! (Write to me for advice! SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

2 comments:

Robin said...

I do agree with you - these women are usually not worth the man's time.

However (and I don't mean to sound nit-picky), people have different definitions of being "nice". I've dealt with self-proclaimed "nice guys". They were selfish, rude, and tried to make me feel guilty if I didn't do what they wanted. They ended up being as bad as the openly-obnoxious jerks I had met.

SavvyD said...

I so agree with you. I dated a guy who said he was a nice guy - he wasn't all that nice to me. Yes, he brought me flowers twice, but genuinely nice wasn't in his book. He was asking me out to have a date not because he genuinely liked me. He went on and on about how the last girl he liked said "you're too nice." Maybe he was "too nice" to HER. He was never "too nice" to me. He wasn't "nice" at all. I called him Astro. http://savvysinglechristian.blogspot.com/search?q=astro