He: I've heard that a woman playing with her hair is a sign of flirting.
Me: Umm. Oh. I've never heard that before.
Reaction? Immediately stopped playing with hair.
Note to self- do not play with hair on dates with men I haven't met.
Possible solutions -
- cut hair short.
- wear extensions which make playing with hair precarious.
- wear hair up.
- shave head.
- She bored.
- It's soothing.
- She has an OCD which makes her want to touch her hair.
- She's a teenager who is self-conscious.
- She needs a haircut because her bangs are too long.
- She's self-conscious about a cow lick and keeps trying to press it down.
- She's nervous.
- She likes how her hair feels.
- She's wondering if she should get it cut.
- She wonders if she should dye it.
- She's decided to dye it but is contemplating the color.
- She just dyed it and is wondering if it smells ok.
- She just dyed it, it smells ok, and she's trying to admire the color at the tips.
- She just dyed it or straightened it and wonders what conditioner she should use to make it softer again.
- She's deciding if she should pull her hair over her upper lip like a moustache.
- She realizes you might think she's a huge dork if she does.
- She decided against it.
- She wonders if you're too uptight to appreciate her sense of humor.
- She wonders why her hair can't have that perfect look a model has.
- She wishes her hair looked like Taylor Swift's hair. (Or other young celeb)
- She spends about five minutes imagining she's Taylor Swift. (or other young celeb)
- She wonders if her hair is still curly because she spent a long time on it this morning.
- She wonders if she should grow out her bangs.
- She just cut it and is thinking of new styles.
- It's hot and she thinks she wants to put it in a ponytail.
- She just cut it short and wonders how long it will take to grow it out again.
- Her bangs keep going flat and she can't wait to ditch you and get to the bathroom to fix it.
- She has very curly hair and is trying to smooth it because it gets frizzy.
- She wonders what it would be like to be a nun and wear a habit or Muslim and wear a burqua.
- She is convinced you can see her first gray hair she just found. In that case, repeat steps 1-30 or something like that. Cause this isn't exact science or anything.
I say these crazy things because I play with my hair all the time. I think it feels smooth and soft. I like how my hair feels between my fingers. Sometimes I twirl it to make it curl more. I've worn it out to the point of split ends because I played with it so much.
Most of the reasons why a woman plays with her hair have NOTHING to do with a man. You might have to look for other signs of flirting. You might have to just ask her out and see if she says yes.
The guy who wrote the letter is looking so hard at the signs that he even counted eye contact per minute. That's kind of weird. I wouldn't go out with that guy again either. Google searches be damned. In fact, Google searching proved that the results were inconclusive.
This advice goes well with some of my other articles:
Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)