...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Atheist seeks recognition to organize?

I don't agree with someone being subjected to being ridiculed for their lack of faith. But I find it distressing that this young atheist responded "no" when asked if he felt his life has a lasting purpose.

Even if you feel that there is no God and no heaven, it is still possible for one's life to have lasting purpose. The question doesn't ask if he believes there is an afterlife. My uncle's life certainly had lasting meaning to me, as did my grandfathers. My grandfathers were both atheists. In fact, one of them would walk my grandmother to the steps of the church, wish her well, and come back to walk her home.

How can an atheist have need of a chaplain? What would they say to each other at their group meetings? "Keep on not believing, bro! don't let those Christians tempt you with their Bibles." What would such a person say when an atheist is sick or dying? What words would provide comfort? The words of Thomas Jefferson? Aren't chaplains a bit to imitative of that religion which they seek to abolish?

Check out the weirdness here.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

No comments: