...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Social Kissing for Christian Dummies

Gimmie that Christian side hug? I think not. And I think it's one of the most ridiculous Christian conventions seen in modern times. It's a matter of social customs. If you were raised with social kissing being acceptable, it's a bit difficult to understand the Christian taboo. Americans in general tend to shake hands. But, perhaps it's time to accept that you might run into these social customs and learn how to handle them with grace rather than a horried "I only side hug"expression.



When people are not familiar with the custom of social kissing, their fears and apprehensions about what kissing means become unrealistic. Perhaps they fear it will look like this purposely scandalous video. I'm sure you can see that there is a difference.



Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ugh! I hate the "Christian side-hug." It's so fake like the urban air-kiss.

SavvyD said...

My background is European, so I'll take the urban air kiss over the Christian side-hug any day.

Theatre and entertainment people do tend to do Euro style kissing, but I have issues with this from 2 feet away-unless you are ill.

Hannah J. Holmes said...

i've encountered the social kiss in foreign countries and definitely was taken aback :) we do stick to side hugs...i often wish American Christians would be more affectionate.

nicole-project-inspired said...

I'm totally with you. The side kiss is totally fine and if done right! That second video was very funny though ;)