...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

manese - what he means by maybe

For those who feel a bit lost diciphering what men mean when they say certain things, here's a clue. Men usually mean what they say and say what they mean. The problem is that women often feel frustrated because they don't hear all of what the man said. They then assume that Manese is an impossible language to understand. It's really quite simple.

This applies to men of all faiths in English-speaking countries. This is one of those practical aspects of relationships which all women ought to know.

He says: maybe we can do something on Sunday.
She hears: let's do something on Sunday.

He says: I'll maybe give you a call on Tuesday.
She hears: I'll give you a call on Tuesday.


In written form, it's easy to point out the qualifier here is the word "maybe". Don't let wishful thinking get the best of you. Maybe means maybe yes, sure. But it also means maybe no. It basically means nothing. When a meteorologist says there's a 50% chance of rain, its about the same as a man saying maybe.

So if a man says maybe, listen carefully and just do your own thing. If a definite plan comes your way, go with it.

Other meaningless phrases to watch for:
We'll have to go there sometime.
We'll have to do xxx..
I'll have to take you...


I'm sure you are wondering why a Christian man might talk this way - or any man for that matter.

Men like fantasies just like women do. When they say maybe we can go here or maybe we can do something, they are thinking out loud about where a woman fits into their lives. They are entertaining possibilities. But just remember to hear any qualifying phrases that are mixed in. Might, maybe, have to, we can, ought to, it would be nice if, I'd like to... It's an aspect of discernment that you can use with people in your life.

Sorry about the typos previously. I tried to post this from my telephone. Autocorrect is not your friend.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Fantastic post! I agree: We women tend to assume that a man's talking in code, so we spend a lot of time trying to read between the lines when there's nothing there.

Juno said...

In a somewhat unrelated vein on the same topic when a guy says I'll call it usually means he won't call. Usually 100% of my second dates were confirmed at the ending of the first date.

SavvyD said...

@Juno I can see what you're saying. But in this case, it depends on the man. He might actually mean that he will call you at the time he says it, and then change his mind once the heat of the moment is over.

I had a man confirm a date with me at the end of the first date, only to get an email saying he wished me the best of luck in the future but didn't think we were really a match. Well, OK then. Good riddance.

My boyfriend says he will give me a call and he means it.