...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

How to drop a hint so a man asks you out

I went to a going away party for an old boyfriend of mine who somehow got involved with a group that sings sea shantys. Some of them were a bit salacious, but it was all in fun. At one point, one of the guys came up to me...


He:  You look really familiar.
Me:  Oh? I don't think we've met before.
He:  I'm pretty sure I've seen you somewhere, though.
Me:  I get that all the time.
He:  Where could it be?
Me:  Are you picking up on me? Cause if you are, that's totally OK.
He:  I'm not, but I can if you want me to.

He then went back to his seat. After a short time I asked for a song which he had in French and we went out to take a look at it and see if we could perform it. (Speaks multiple languages?? DING DING DING. We have a winner!)

Toward the end of the evening he gave me his email and I dropped him a quick email while he sat there so I didn't lose it. Ah, so I guess the hint worked!

------------------------
Hey! Wassssup?
------------------------

Jus' watchin' the game and havin' a Bud.

Enjoyed singing with you this evening - you have a beautiful voice; we'll have to do it again some time.



Honestly, I thought he wasn't that interested when he wrote that, so I decided to relate backto our conversation and encourage him about my availability without really asking him out.  Some people say this is "forward".  I disagree.

-------------------

Thanks for the compliments. I had a great time. I never know what Chris will drag us all into, but it's usually something fun. And I love to sing.

I would be definitely enjoy hanging out with a man who has heard of Anonymous 4. Alot of stuff is on break for the summer, but I'm sure we can find something to do, no?


------------------
Sounds good to me; I'll look around and see if there are any concerts going (McCabe's usually has something on the weekends) - also open to suggestions.  Figured out why your face was ringing a bell - I saw your picture previously via Chris' fb profile. Duh.


How ironic, we met through a former boyfriend of mine.  We actually did go out.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

5 comments:

annabachinsky said...

Sometimes putting yourself a little "out there" works. Sometimes it doesn't. I only wish I knew when to give it a shot and when to let it be. But hey, it worked for you, that's awesome!! And I don't think it was too "forward" at all. :)

nicole-project-inspired said...

Congrats! Glad you put yourself out there. He sounds like a really interesting guy! Keep us all posted!

Jenny said...

LOL Clever! I'm too shy to ever try that though!

SavvyD said...

@Jenny It doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot. If the man is interested in you, it gives him an in.

http://www.christiandarlings.com said...

good strategy..love it..christian dating