...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

So, I gave him a chance

I decided to go out with Mario. The date went very well. We had a fun time and were able to talk about stuff. He's cute and has a baby face. he currently works as a graphic designer.

When we were looking at the menus he asked...
Mario: So, what will you be having?
Savvy: Oh, why? Are you going to order for us?
Mario: Yes, I like to do that.
Savvy: I've only had one or two people ever do that for me. Cool. Just curious, though, it's really old school. Why would you like to do it?
Mario: Well, my grandfather always did that for us and I really admired him.

That's so sweet! Of course I'll let him order for me.

Server: Are you ready to order?
Mario: I'll have the Enchiladas Suizas and she'll have the tostada without the shell.
Server: Chicken or steak?
After looking at him, oops!
Savvy: Steak. Can you also make it medium rare?
Server: Sure.
Realizing he forgot the extra salsa, I picked up the salsa.
Server: Would you like more salsa?
Savvy: Yes.


Shoot. I tried really hard to be demure. And the server wasn't having any of him ordering for me. She looked right at me. Maybe we'll get this right if we practice it again.

At some point I felt embarrassed.
Savvy: I'm sorry if I'm not very flirty. I don't really know how to do this whole thing.
Mario: Don't worry about it, just be yourself.

That was cool.

We did end up having alot to talk about-photography, music, favorite animals. We even walked around after we had dinner and a glass of wine and there was music in the park. We checked it out and that was where we kissed for the first time.

At the end of the night we said goodbye...
Mario: I wouldn't change anything about you. You have beautiful eyes, and I think you're really sexy.
Savvy: Awesome.
Mario: I know I want to see you again and spend time with you.

We then made plans to see each other again for lunch.

Here's where I'm freaking out. Neither of us really have money. When I look at a long-term situation I'm wondering if we would have the financial stability to lead the relationship to where it should be. I just don't know that. He doesn't have a college degree, only an AA. I didn't tell him I have Master of Music degree. He's nice, he's attractive, he's Christian, and he's interested in me. My parents will probably say something like, "He's minimally qualified to be your husband - if that."

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

5 comments:

OI said...

There's so many "free" things that you can do.

- Volunteer for stuff at your or his church.

- Go to a farmers market in your area

Actually, those are the onl two things I could think of. I'm embarrassed, but I'm sure things will work out.

I think the things about relationships, whether romantic or otherwise is if the foundation is built on freindship.

Everything else will fall into place.

SavvyD said...

I guess. I'm still freaking out. I haven't had alot of relationships. And I'm wondering about the ordering for me business. I'm not sure I can take it for the rest of my life. I've gotten used to ordering for myself. But then, maybe it's a matter that he will get to know what I like.

SavvyD said...

Remember - frogs don't change...

SavvyD said...

Please don't misunderstand, when I complain about a man having no money. I mean that I wonder how we would be able to support a family.
Where would we live?
How could we afford to have children?

OI said...

Maybe you should just take it a small step at a time.

I haven't read past posts, so maybe this guy and you are in a serious relationship now? Exclusive?

I don't know.

I would say baby steps for now. Just take it day by day.