...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Set Up, family style (and family issues)

My grandmother had a heart attack a few months back and fell. She is improving a little, but not to the point that she can live on her own again. She went from assisted living where they just make meals for you to post-acute care meaning she doesn't do anything on her own. And now she has a roommate. And the roommate has family. And the roommate has a grandson my age...his mother says he looks like Mario Lanza...

Now, I still feel bad about my grandmother, but would't it be nice if something good came out of tragedy?

Hello Savvy. My name is Mario. Our grandmothers are roommates at Gardenview, and my mother was telling me about you and your meeting yesterday. In light of getting your e-mail, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself and say hello. From my mother's account, you sound like a wonderful young woman, and it would be fun to become more acquainted with you. I work evenings, but wanted to welcome you to write whenever it is convenient for you. I do hope that you have a wonderful day, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. God Bless.

Sincerest Regards,

Mario

OK, seems nice enough. Forgot to tell you all that my mom recently also had back surgery.

Hello Mario,

It's been a crazy few days because my mom just had back surgery, so I've been doing alot of running around-visiting my grandmother and visiting my mom in the hospital in addition to trying to get my own stuff done.

I like your mother's account of me! LOL. Your mom also spoke highly of you. So either she's right about both of us, or she's wrong about both of us. ;) She said you look like Mario Lanza and work as a photographer. From what I understand, you also grew up in the great cosmopolitan city of *suburb*. I grew up around here also.

Talk to you soon,
Savvy

But wait, there's more...

Hello Savvy. It's great to hear from you. I am so sorry about your mother being in the hospital. How is she doing? I visited my grandmother yesterday at Gardenview, and we will enjoyed the time together. My grandmother and I are very close, so it was great to see her again. She has been there for a couple of months, and she is always asking when she can go home. That's her fighting spirit talking for sure. LOL....

I am going to look at things from a positive angle. I am so very ready to meet a wonderful woman and make her happy, and I was really encouraged by what my mother told me about you. I work as a Graphic Designer by trade, but a photographer at heart. I have always had a fascination with the subject, but have really become passionate about it as I have grown older. In fact, I love anything creative. Music, movies, photography, illustrating and writing. These are only some of the things that I really love. Then of course is my family. I love them deeply, and do everything I can to remain close to them.

Enough about me. What about you? What makes you happy? I look forward to becoming better acquainted with you. Would it be ok for me to call you this week? Just let me know. Talk to you soon.

Mario

Ahh, the other good news is that he is Christian. I don't know where he goes. That could be an issue, I mean, I'm ready to toss it all for a non-Christian that I like -- that is if I could find one of those.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment!

No comments: