...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Learning what I really need is...

Different than what I thought. When you are used to being alone, you learn how to entertain yourself. I like to write, take photographs, and practice music. Many of these activities are ones that require silence or concentration, though I'm social and I like to talk to people too...

But now I've got this guy, Mario, I'm supposed to go out with. And I feel encroached upon. He called me twice today. He didn't even give me time to respond. Why would I call him back when I think he's got work in the evening?

I'm afraid that sort of creeps me out. I'm seeing a red flag warning. We haven't even met. Am I the only person like this?

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! (Thanks also for lurking. I don't allow anonymous comments. SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

6 comments:

Jen P said...

I am the same! Since going on a silent retreat, I've discovered I really enjoy silence and solitude.

I am wondering how that would fit with having a relationship....I can't see how it would. Even with a Christian. Unless it's with a Christian who also likes silent retreats!

SavvyD said...

Well, you can't expect that someone likes everything you like. That's not realistic. But there are some things that make relationships extra difficult.

nicole-project-inspired said...

Maybe Mario seems a bit over-eager, but it's also a sign that he can't wait to get to know you. Feel it out, give him a chance to give you space and silence - and if he can't, you can always move on, girl!

SavvyD said...

right? Totally.

Pastor Duke said...

As a single guy, I think we just get used to the fact that we do not have to share our life or thoughts with another person. We have not experienced or do not remember what it is like to be concerned with someone else's care towards us. That being said, for me, it is easier to just be single and content.

Pastor Duke Taber
Taber's Truths Christian Blog

SavvyD said...

@PastorDuke Well, if you find it's easier to just be single and are happy with that, that is completely different than the common experience of so many singles who really want to find someone suitable and can't for a variety of reasons.