...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where the boys are... complete with map

I found this map due to a discussion on a blog.  While it might be true that there are more single men in LA than in NYC, let's take a look at these single men.  Please click on read more to see the dots on the maps...

1.  Migrant workers
2.  Actor/comedian hopefuls.
3.  Gay men seeking a safe place to be gay. 

There is a large dot for single men in San Francisco, as well, a place known for its large gay community.

Once we get rid of those in terms of a count, then it might not be such a big difference between single men and women who are actually available for marriage. 

However, looking at the Portland and Seattle dots on the maps, I'm enthused.  I still imagine these men would be nicer than the average man in LA.  A gentle Seattle giant bedecked in plaid sounds amazingly sexy right now. Sung to Estelle's "American Boy"... 

Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day
Take me to Seattle, I'd love to leave L.A.
I really want to come kick it with you
You'll be my Northwestern Boy, Northwestern Boy
la la la la la la la...

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment!

9 comments:

SilverRain said...

I love how Texas is a mirror image of the rest of the country.

SavvyD said...

Yeah, huh? I like that Austin has a huge spot of men on it. It's a place that I once thought of moving.

Fei said...

Thanks for sharing! What amuses me about this map is how you could totally be in the wrong place in Utah, and all you need to do is move up north a little...

Leslie said...

Can you link to where you got the map cause it almost looks like its saying that my town (which is a surprise to be on this map) has more men. And I don't believe it.

SavvyD said...

@Leslie I got the map from a blog, but it's originally from National Geographic.

@Fei Well, if it's not too far from you, it's worth checking out.

I recently had some people tell me to move to rural North Dakota from LA. That's just not going to happen. I have no reason to be moving there with no one around to look out for me. I am not a rural kind of person.

Jenny said...

First, SF is not anywhere majority gay men. Second, Seattle is also known for having a relatively "high" percentage of gays too. That's common for all big cities. Supposedly, a change in surroundings is always a good way to find a man. And big cities, like SF, are known for having a lot of ambitious and successful (rich), single, straight, young men.

SavvyD said...

@Jenny - true for LA as well, which is where I live now. Sadly, I don't think I am pretty enough for here to find a decent man. you have to be off the charts gorgeous. :(

annabachinsky said...

What?? Seattle has the most men? I live here and I'm STILL not having too much luck :( Can't imagine how I'd make it out there in the rest of the states. Thanks for the post. I'm not sure it's TOO encouraging for me but it did make me smile. ;)

SavvyD said...

@annabachinsky Nooooooo!!!! You're messing up my plan. I thought I would fit in better with crunchy granola people!!!