...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A general waste of time...dating online


I can't figure out why this has to be so difficult. He said he would send a picture but, really? Why not send one that actually looks like you instead of sending one that looks like Elvis. Good riddance anyway...


Hello Nick,

I'm sorry I've been sick with a terrible cough the last few days. I'm trying to let my white cells do their job without anti-biotics. It takes more time, but I just don't like taking medicines all the time.

----------------

awww sorry to hear that. Yea a lot of people are having cold flu like symptomps lol. Relax and get better!
----------------

Hi Nick,

The update is that my cough is finally mostly gone and I should be able to meet after this weekend. I have family coming into town for Labor Day. We should be having a nice time. I might be able to call or text, but can't get together until this week/weekend. The nice thing is that we live close by


-----------------------
Sure that sounds good. Let me know I can meet after wednesday
-----------------------

Hi Nick,
Sorry I was not able to talk the other day. I was waiting for a friend to call me and meet up with me. Hopefully we can find a better time to talk.

Do you have a picture? You have been seeing me, so it's only fair, right?


-------------------------

I snet you a picture on your phone when you called me and i got your no. Check your phone!

-------------------------

I thought you were my friend Chris goofing off and wearing some weird Elvis-looking shades with fake mutton chop side burns. So it wasn't a "no". That's what happens when you wear sunglasses for a pic, lol.

-------------------------
Are you sure you are keeping your diary notes properly of who all you are talking to. Lol

----------------------

Original Message YOU sent on 9/14/2010 11:54:11 AM

Please send me a real picture that shows your smart and classy side. I mean, clearly you have a sense of humor.

You really looked like my friend Chris goofing off, as I already stated. I only talk to the people from here who seem like they are worth the investment of time. So far you are one of 3.

Savvy


--------------------

The problem is I dont want to be one of the three. I believe I deserve better than that. I appreciate your time and effort but I am sorry. I have no intentions of investing my time (which i dont have much for myself) to get to know someone who is dating two other guys on the side.

I wish you the very best!

--------------------
I did not say that I was dating two other people on the side. I was saying that you were only one of three that I even talked to from this site ever. However, I didn't think they were a match for me and I'm not seeing them again. I'm not dating anyone at all. I have friends I spend time with and that is all because I am looking for someone nice. I don't play games like that.

Savvy


I may not be seeing anyone, but at least I'm not a complete idiot. That picture is, but the way, the exact picture he sent to me!

I clarified the misunderstanding about having talked to 3 people from this site. I only met one of those and I did not think we were a match and only saw him once. Another I could tell was only playing games and I chose not to meet him at all. And then there is you...you sent me picture of you as Elvis, something that a friend of mine would do. I have to wonder about your intentions and assumptions. After all, you are on here. You are talking to women. Did I care? No. Jealousy over things you can't control and someone you haven't met is not logical. And then, what would there be to be jealous over? A man who sends pictures of himself as Elvis? Wow. That's the exact definition of smart and classy!
Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Not only is online dating a waste of time for a majority of women, it's also a serious waste of money! Matchmakers and similar services ditto!

SavvyD said...

I've tried everything to find someone and wonder if there is just no one for me. I'm not the most attractive girl, so it's hard. I'm not the most savvy, even. I'm friendly, but I find people don't always like me. It hurts when people say "it must be you." If I were the ONLY ONE, I think I could take that, but I'm not. Let's just say the men here are not helping at all.

Jenny said...

Ohh, I'm so sorry. It's probably a combination of things, including just not being at the right place at the right time.

In my case, I'd really prefer it if someone said, "It's you!" because then they'd have something to point to that I could attempt to fix. Instead, I get no productive advice whatsoever.

SavvyD said...

Well, there are definitely things wrong with us--all of us. But then, nobody's perfect, right? We all have good points and vices. This of having time to "work on yourself" is ridic. I mean, married people "work on themselves" also.

blessedbabe said...

How did it go for the other two you've talked to online? Really interested to know if you're pursuing this?

I have tried meeting people online but it feels very iffy. Maybe because I haven't been very open of showing who I am online as I do in person, so I expect the same of people I meet. I do hear of people who've had success but in the form of still having a long distance relationship.

SavvyD said...

There is a followup to this. But there have been no others who I have met. It's OK. I am holding someone in my heart right now even though it's a waste of time--an acquaintance of mine who I admire professionally and personally.

Alex Buttler said...

Savvy, I don't know you at all, nor I have the rights to judge, the latter I won't.

Telling by what you've posted here you tend like, well, give much thought to what is going on. You seem to be really thorough spelling the things out to the guy, which I think is good in a way. Most girls I've met on my way don't tend to do it to a degree you do, as you wrote. They either don't show they care too much about those trifles, or they legitimately do not.

Honestly, I do wish I could have an extra explanation or a clue from the girl, especially during that awkward never-seen-each-other-yet stage. You've got this one in you, there must be people as well who actually value it.

There's a lesson to your story, though.

SavvyD said...

@Chris the ending, it turns out, was his confession. But, yeah, it's amazing what comes up. We never did end up meeting.

Unfortunately, you have to just let alot go. When dating online, these people do not owe you any kind of explanation. You don't even know them.

SavvyD said...

And thanks for reading!