...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Run Away!!

I hate to get all xenophobic, but my latest online waste of time ended at the phone call stage. I couldn't find my phone which it turned out was hidden under the covers. I found it as I slipped into bed. Have to laugh at this.

Funny though, when I met a girl who was from the same background she said "run away." And it would have been really hard to refrain from making cracks about Iranian terrorist connections. I guess that gives it away.

Meanwhile, Menomena announced they have a new album coming out. A related act, Ramona Falls, gave a great concert. I found out they all got started in the Portland Christian rock scene. Not only does he have mad skyllzzz on the keyboard, but I heard never to play Connect Four against him. I got slaughtered a few times at Coachella, but then, I also won a few times...

www.myspace.com/menomena
www.RamonaFalls.com

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment!

3 comments:

TabithaVenasse said...

I love when I find out that bands I like actually got started in the Christian scene.

SavvyD said...

I remember going to these like undercover Christian rock concerts held at churches. I guess you have to be "in the know" or in high school to keep up anymore.

I would love to talk with them about this someday! who knows. Maybe I'll get lucky one day.

SavvyD said...

Well, peeps, he actually called. I'll have to post the final disposition. Interesting.