...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Looking for Mr. Alright

Alot of women won't "settle" for Mr. Alright. They only want a Mr. Right--well, I don't know about that. It seems like they want a Mr. Perfect. I don't. No really.

Some have not been reading my blog for long enough. I am looking for someone who does what he says he will do. Many of the men I have gone out with have not been able to meet a basic requirement--

Do what you say you will do.

If you say you are going to call, do it.
If you say you will take me out, do it.
If you say you respect me, then let's take our time.

Many relationships have been stalled just in email. You know how it is. Match.com, you seem interested in each other...then suddenly he says he has a family tragedy. Or he's sending fake cut and pasted French poetry and not calling. People tell you "don't think like that" when you are just calling it how you see it. But, the truth comes out. No dice. No phone call.

Some guys starts Facebooking you about going out sometime. When you write to him to ask simple questions about the deets and what kind of music he likes so you can invite him to something suited to his taste...he doesn't even repond, so you unfriend him because you weren't really friends and don't want to waste time with someone who won't follow through.

Fish or cut bait. It's simple. No follow through? Sorry. I just don't have time for that. Who does?

A guy can't even be Mr. Alright if he's doing things that aren't even alright. Mr. Alright might not be the best looking guy with the best job, but he's at least attractive (to me) and he's a good guy.

So yeah, unlike some of those girls on the Dr. Phil show, my requirements are really basic. And let me tell you, he's not some pot-smoking, alchoholic, doesn't-call-me-when-he-says-loser.

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment!

11 comments:

SomedayWifey said...

I wouldn't say I'm looking for Mr. Perfect, but maybe a bit more than Mr. Alright. But, I have my reasons.

I'm not picky about looks, or any of that stuff. And I totally value honesty, a man who sticks to his word, and one who believes communication is key.

But I also know there are certain things I need in my future husband. I need him to be a Christian who's faith plays the most important role in his life. I've tried relationships with those who it doesn't, and even those who aren't Christians, and it doesn't work. Because my faith is such a huge part of me... if I can't share it with them, its like I'm having to keep to myself.

SavvyD said...

Well, that's the thing, Mr. Alright Christian guy is just that--he's ALRIGHT. As in All Right. He's a good guy, just not the flashy model. You're attracted him and he's good to you. He's just not PERFECT. There's a difference.

I can't even find a Mr. Alright.

I meet them, but they might be involved with someone. Also, someone else's Mr. Alright might not be for you. Like on for ME wouldn't pressure me to have sex when it isn't right. Some women who are not Christian would be fine with that.

SavvyD said...

I suppose I also include those who are not practicing their faith.

SavvyD said...

Also, I would not call the guy who asked me out via Facebook and then flaked Mr. Alright.

SavvyD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SavvyD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SavvyD said...

Folks, Marky Mark left a flame fest for me in the comments.

I feel bad for everyone who is blamed for their inability to find a person. There really are alot of bad ones out there. Just like there are bad fruit.

TabithaVenasse said...

It's true. The unfortunate thing is there are a lot of people out there who believe that all that matters in a relationship is what *they* want, and unfortunately, if that means disrespecting their counterpart's wishes, then it's all good to them.

I had been losing faith that there were guys out there who would fit Mr. Alright... who would respect me and be honest... have similar beliefs, etc. But lately I've been meeting several guys who really do stand for that. Unfortunate part is, I'm not quite alright enough for them *sob*

SavvyD said...

Oh, Tabitha!! I feel for you. Let's just say my avatar is waaaay hotter than I am. I'm often the sister to the good guys. The bad guys I try to stay away from. Often you don't know they are bad until you are actually out with them.

Professor Hale said...

Let's just say my avatar is waaaay hotter than I am.

LIAR! Dissembler! Unfaithfully rendered avatar. I feel so cheated.

:(

SavvyD said...

Sorry Hale...
I'll let you know if I get a makeover or something. ;)