...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Facebook, Datebook, Lovebook, Hatebook

Sometimes I hate Facebook. But then, things can always be deleted. I've been trying to find someone who likes ska to go with me to a concert...alright, so here's how the posting has gone. It got interesting. And please listen to She & Him while you have a read. Great stuff and totally appropriate.




FREE extra ticket to see Slackers with See Spot on Friday 4/30 at the El Rey. If you ♥ ska, drop me a line. March 22 at 12:11pm

Brfcs: So does acceptance [of the ticket] mean that we're going on a date ;) March 23 at 12:03pm
Savvy: LOL!! I just saw that! Depends... ;) March 25 at 4:53pm
Brfcs:Lol... How are we going to plan our date if you are taking so long to respond ;) March 25 at 4:58 pm


Seriously people, I didn't know what to think. This guy and I have been in various classes together for about 6 months and rarely ever talked. We finally did talk right before this message thing happened and it went sorta like this. And really, I didn't think anything of it.

I spilled my coffee all over A dude's suitcase at a seminar. He helped me clean up.
Brfcs: You don't have kids do you?
Savvy: No, I don't.
Brfcse: All you do is put down all the napkins and let them soak it all up before you start cleaning them up.
Savvy: Oh, shoot, I've made a mess out of everything. I'm sorry.


At the break, we spoke for a few minutes and I ended up saying:
Savvy: All I really want is a quality relationship with a nice man. I'm not superpicky.
Brfcse: That shouldn't be too hard.
Savvy: It's harder than you think. There aren't alot of nice guys out there.
The meeting was called back to order and I put it out of my mind. As we left, I blew a female friend a kiss.
Brfcse: Hey, where's mine?
Savvy: Oh, I didn't know you wanted one.

I blew him a kiss and went home.

When I told a friend of mine about everything, I said:
Savvy: I don't really know what to make of it. I mean, most guys end up getting mad at me because I won't do what they want me to when they want me too.
Melz: Most guys are like that now.
Savvy: Well, I see my friends that are single moms and I know I couldn't do it by myself. I really admire you guys.
Melz: It's not easy.
Savvy: It just makes me look really hard at a guy and ask if I would want him to end up being my baby daddy and if I want to keep seeing him for the rest of my life. If the answer is no, then we aren't doing anything.
Melz: That's smart.
Savvy: So I figure I'll go out with him once. He'll either get mad at me or he'll just want to be friends once he doesn't get his way.
Melz: I didn't know he had 2 kids.
Savvy: Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that.


All things considered, he seemed interested. So after I finally got the last message on FB, I decided to write him a PM.


Hey Brfcse:
I thought I would see you in class today but you weren't there! I don't check FB daily, so I didn't get your first comment and I just got the second one. I have 7 classes this semester, so it's been a little hard getting everything straightened out. Then FB sometimes gets twitchy--I was just writing a message when it disappeared completely.

So do you actually like ska? It's OK if you don't. I go to see alot of other shows because I write music reviews, so we wouldn't necessarily have to wait until 4/30 to go out. What kind of music do you like?

Savvy

Oh, shoot. Now I'm in the land of no response. I've seen stuff he posted. I hat this stuff.

Brfcse: Tired and sleepy.... then why am I still awake!
Brfcse: Where has this weekend gone... I'm way to busy even when I try not to be.


Ah well. Maybe I will see him in class, though he skipped class and I sorta wanted to talk. Problem is, I typically just ignore guys lately. And there really aren't that many in the program, so it's really easy. There are easily 4 men in a class of 37 people.

I love comments!

12 comments:

SavvyD said...

Hmmmmm...I really wonder how this one will turn out. If he doesn't put a little more back into it, I'm going to forget about him. I'm good at that.

SavvyD said...

Yep, no word. I got a finger wave as he came into class. Really, I was fine either way. Perhaps it should be a lesson not to post anything about wanting a date on someone's wall.

Professor Hale said...

I find your inability to engage a quality relationship astonishing. The physical beauty and sassy-perky quality of your avatar alone should be enough to drag in a handfull of suitable candidates to choose from.

And yet, when you do find a guy with all the right qualities, I shall miss your descriptions of the attempts of the hopelessly unqualified.

SavvyD said...

Classic!

SavvyD said...

Another thought, I wouldn't call it "MY inability" I would say that I haven't met the right one. I'm able and capable of having a relationship, but for the losers I have met, I would be in a relationship. I have aquintances who are putting up with far worse losers who are in jail and otherwise not contributing to raising the child they helped create. PASS on that!!

LadyElaine said...

I completely understand. At this point, they will all be treated with the same level of respect as a brother. If they want to treated especially different thant that, then they're going to have to make their interest clear...

lisa said...

Aaack! The no response is lame because obviously he saw it. I don't get why people do that. I mean how hard is it to reply to a simple message? I suppose if you haven't heard anything back in the next few days I would toss him into the sea of, 'Guys who randomly flirt on facebook,' and let it go....

SavvyD said...

I would, except that I actually KNOW him in person. It's not the same as hitting the ignore button.

Professor Hale said...

Perhaps he is "gaming" you. I have heard that affected apathy is one such tactic.

SavvyD said...

hahahaha!!! It's not working!

Professor Hale said...

Not working? It always works. You are just in denial about being putty in his hands.

SavvyD said...

hahahaha! LOL! So funny. You are soo right. I feel myself turning to putty now. Read the next installment. I feel like not talking to him anymore.