...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Power of Positive Thinking

When I was upset, experiencing neck pain and asking for prayer, someone told me to read "The Power of Positive Thinking." I said it was on my reading list and I started to read it.

No amount of positive thinking can change the fact that sometimes bad things really happen and that it's not your fault. No amount of "putting it out into the Universe" or wishful thinking makes things happen.

I've used all of the visualization techniques. Seriously, folks, some things have just not come true no matter what my vision. And no matter what the vision, the wild card is that sometimes things happen that you couldn't have ever imagined until you actually live through it.

When I took my teaching job, I thought I was going to have an award winning choir and win festivals and competitions. I thought they would like me--no love me. I certainly didn't think I'd be out on work comp disability because I had to have shoulder surgery, unable to play piano and looking at different career options.

Yes, I hope. Yes, I dream. Yes, I'm thankful. Maybe if you expect the worst and good things happen, then it's a wonderful surprise rather than the given expectation positive thinking or putting it out into the universe teaches.

The one nice thing that happened this week was that a friend preyed with me on the phone when he called to get directions for something. Made me feel less worried. Maybe God does care and I'm just not seeing the plan.

www.defensivepessimism.com

What's your take on it?

I love comments!

1 comment:

Professor Hale said...

I would pray for you, but God doesn't listen to me except to do the opposite of what I ask. Seriously, you are better off without my help. But I will be hoping that people with better standing than I possess will do this service for you.