...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

So Long, Seattle...

A new rom com, Love Actually is set in Seattle. I went to B&N and picked up a book called Table Manners thinking it would be about that. It turned out to be a novel set in Seattle. I got another nice email from Seattle, but it was missing a key element...

Hi Savvy,

Glad to hear you're recovering ok from your near-accident. I've had more than a few close calls in LA and even a few since I moved up here. Sounds like you're being patient and open to God's lead on your next career move. Hopefully an opportunity will come along that has your name on it.


No major travel in October so if you come up then I'm sure we could set up a get-together. I definitely encourage you to go on the LA retreat. I went for the first time last year and it was really great. You get to know a lot of people and they always have a phenomenal speaker. One aspect on that retreat that I'm sure you'd get a lot out of, given all the transition you've been going through, is a session with a spiritual adviser.

I've been doing okay up here. I feel like things are finally coming together, my move is done, and I'm working on getting my routine back together.

Take care,
Seattle


-------------------------------------------
Did you catch it??
-------------------------------------------

Hello Seattle,

Okay is not phenomenal or great, but getting into a routine is probably key. People do drive thoughtlessly, so you are lucky to have avoided anything.

When I was thinking of coming up to visit, I was hoping I would stay with either you or your sis getting the inside story about what's cool about Seattle. It's sort of a big trip and I'm not as brave as I once was. The other option would be trying to find someone to go with me, which may or may not work out.

I do plan to go to the retreat. I try to forget what I have been through, but I recognize it's alot--especially when someone says that. Getting hit in the head while salsa dancing was no fun and am working on my "big comeback".

Thanks for the encouragement.
Savvy

----------------------------------------

A get-together?

No word back and its been two weeks now. Times are hard and the friend who said she would go up there may not have the funds, though I haven't asked directly. I'm sad because I had hopes that there would be something, but an offer of "a get-together" with me on my own the rest of the time was not what I had in mind--even if we are just friends. I know a guy who flew to Russia just to have a date with a girl (and be on another continent than his ex.) I can't help but wonder...average in LA might be considered gorgeous in Seattle and there might be other really nice guys up there.

I guess it's time to move on yet again. I wish it weren't. He's a really nice guy. I'm so tired of being disappointed.

I love comments!

10 comments:

Adam F said...

Dear Sleepless in LA,
Seattle sounds a lot like me when I spoke to my ex in Louisiana. When I moved back to So Cal. She kept saying she wanted to put together a trip to visit me, but I discouraged it. She was young and needed to move on. I thought it was best for her not to string a relationship along long distance. Wow it's late, maybe I can get some sleep now.
Big hug...

Emily Cross said...

Savvy,

He sound nice, but i'm sure you know yourself, moving for the sake of a guy is always a big no-no.

you have to want to move for yourself, so if it turns out that he really only wants to be friends you have chosen to be there for other reasons.

your not alone in being single! often its when your not lucking that cupid's arrow hits!

Anonymous said...

Savvy,

2 things to say:

A) I can tell that this fella aka Seattle just is not feeling the same thing you are. There are certain things he says in what you've posted above that are classic "guy ways" of saying bye. Here's hoping you can move on past this chap.

B) Sounded at one point like you were wondering how good-lookin down in that foreign country called California compares to the bizarre-o world around Seattle. Not sure exactly how to answer that, but the way to meet people up here is to network. There aren't many fun clubs, really, even if you were into that scene. Plenty of good places to eat for dates, though. If you're a teacher, then you've got a good in. Women teachers I've worked with band together in the lounge and talk about all sorts of things. Of course, it was because of that talk that I avoided the place like the plague =). But for women...it works great! Good thing about those women...is that they know people. LOTS of people. Network. Comfortable environment...totally safe...I don't know. Just an idea. It's not too difficult to get in either. If you start out as a sub up here...and put your name into several districts...you'd work every day of the year. I'd personally stay out of Metro Seattle and head to the suburbs, but maybe you prefer that scene instead?

Hope that helps in some way.

Just some guy.

SavvyD said...

Adam--funny, I went to coffee and was wondering what's up with you.

Yes, you are all correct on all counts.

Emily said...

Sorry Savvy - I concur with your friend, Anonymous about the fact that your feelings are not being returned.

SavvyD said...

Emily, Yep, I got that. That's why the post was called "So Long, Seattle."

I'm used to being disappointed. Sorta. Um, well, in some ways you never really get used to it.

Adam F said...

Things have been busy at work. This particular night, I woke up around 2:00 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. It's been a while since I checked in on your blog so I decided to put in my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

savvy i'm sorry to say this but the lady in the picture of your header and profile seems to be a flirt, seductive and worldly woman, which is not the qualities of a genuine Christian woman must possess,,i'm sorry..

SavvyD said...

Anon--I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

It's a cartoon. I liked it better than what I had before which was an artist's model giving away a heart.

Anonymous said...

ok smile...:)