...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Savvy's "Problems with Relationships"

After my migraine lifted enough to restore personality (Thank you Motrin!), I told relationship stories to girls while we waited backstage to sing in the Beethoven 9th Symphony (Ode to Joy). They were cracking up the whole time. What's even funnier, is talking to some instrumentalist/band teacher/Catholic guy who gave me a very warm hello. It turned out he is on his third marriage which is ALSO having problems. He scratched his chin and said, I think I should set you up with a friend of mine...though I would have to find out if he's on the market. Oh? Is that the way guys on their 3rd marriage ask a girl for her phone number? Like a band teacher/instrumentalist's salary can really support 3 ex wives, a child and a 4th wife? What is this, Big Love? No thanks! And NO "problems." It's just that simple.
(end)

8 comments:

Novaseeker said...

I don's understand why someone would get married three times. If you've had two failed marriages, I think it's time to admit that you are not the type who is going to have a successful marriage, period, for whatever reason.

Anonymous said...

I doubt he could afford to buy you pretty shoe.

Anonymous said...

You really have to wonder about wife #3. How could someone think that the third time is a charm? Good luck to wife #4, whoever that contestant might be.

Anon the Deadheart

SavvyD said...

OMG, You guys crack me up! He's still on #3--I'm certainly not going to stick around to find out if there is a #4. Perhaps it's been that he has a facade of being easygoing, perhaps he chronically chooses the wrong women.

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

I don't my mom and dad have been married multiple times. My mom is my dad's 3rd marriage and he is her 2nd. They have been married for almost 30 years. One of my dad's wives died, so I don't really know if you can truly judge people like that. What sounds bad on paper might not actually be that bad.

SavvyD said...

Hey Fashion--it can work, your parents are proof. With THIS GUY it would be too complicated FOR ME, so in that sense, I am allowed to judge what is good FOR ME. I purposely didn't give more details on it, so let me fill in--He said his first was the wrong choice, his second left the state to go to grad school because she had greater ambitions, and the 3rd I don't know much about other than issues with him doing gigs and she didn't want him to start a jazz band. I can't say I blame her on that last one, however, if he did a band she could go watch and he could have rehearsals at home, so even that isn't unresolvable. In any case, he is still married to her.

todaystatus said...

Wow! Third marriage and still hitting on other women? That's disgraceful. I think the problem is that getting married is the new "going steady". I don't think marriage is taken as seriously as it once was. It's no longer "til death do us part", clearly marriage vows have become empty promises. But when u think about how disposable our society has become it's no wonder marriage is in that same category. When it's not working just throw it away and get a new one.

SavvyD said...

Really? I don't think people think of marriage as the new going stady. I think it's the opposite. I think living together is the new married. I've never been married and sometimes I wish people would offer that more frivolously rather than offering a hookup. Pass on the latter.