...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Emails That Go Nowhere from the Men At Church

I sent Red a quick email. I was thinking I might lose the paper he used to write his name. A wise choice because I think I did lose it.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Red,

I hope work is treating you well. I still have a little while longer before I can call myself a paralegal, so your boss wouldn't be able to hire me for another few months for that.

Of course, you are still welcome to drop me a line. ;)


Talk to you soon,
Savvy

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Savvy –

Thank you, work is all right – at least for me.

Do you go to the young adult group?
They meet Tuesday nights at Church. I’m checking them out.

If you liked West Side Story, you may want to see this…

-Red

Oh, and my personal email is --------@yahoo.com – but until I get a computer working and connected at home, I’m not checking email there daily.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Red,

That's got to be one of the funniest videos on WSS I have ever seen. When I lived in New York , the Puerto Rican and Dominican girls I worked with would make me sing the whole soundtrack to them. If you hadn't emailed me to let me know you would be there, I never would have seen you. The group is just big enough to get lost.

Savvy

--------------------------------------------------

Oh, really? Did they ever sing along?

I liked the speaker, he seemed pretty interesting…and it never hurts for a guy to start with a theme song.

-Red

--------------------------------------------------

Hi Red,

Sometimes they sang backup for I Feel Pretty.

I had never seen the speaker before, but that was funny. I don't know where the time goes so fast, but I guess there was alot to do hanging out and stuff. I am waitlisted for the hiking trip. I guess I thought about it too long since I can't go on any of those superintensive hikes. I sprained my ankle about 5 times last year. OOOPSY! It takes time to recover.

You should come hang out with us at xxxxx after church Tuesday.
Savvy


-----------------------------------------------------

Would a guy lose interest because I looked for him and went up to greet him with a hug during the meet and greet time? Or because I said he should hang out with us after when basically it's an open invitation to everyone in the group to go? There's certainly nothing in here scary, obsessive or indicating that I want to marry him tomorrow. In fact, I basically have a nothing special sort of feeling toward this man. I hoped I would feel something--

Oh wait, I do!! Bored already.

I don't need a degree in theology or psychology to see this isn't going to go anywhere. So, why ask for my email?

I love comments!

6 comments:

AixelA said...

I love comments too! They are lovely!

Obviously you like him; you wouldn't be sending him emails if you didn't....at least that's what some people think. I love having guy friends/aquaintances.

I've been wondering why some people believe that even talking to the opposite sex is flirting. hmmm...what is and isn't considered flirting?

Anyway, he sounds like a guy you could talk to about the weather and how your day is going, but not necessarily about slightly more personal things. But hey, why not wait it out and see?

SavvyD said...

*YAWN* Bored already! Time to move on. Sure, he can be a friend, but *YAWN* it takes work to hold my interest--or maybe just a large club to drag me back to the cave.

One of the most attractive things to me is a man who is interested and whose interest can be encouraged with some extra winks and nods.

vanover521 said...

yeah. definitely going nowhere there. at least you tried, right?

SavvyD said...

Oh it was more typing than trying really.

RhodeIsland Alissa said...

"One of the most attractive things to me is a man who is interested and whose interest can be encouraged with some extra winks and nods."

Ahhahah.. Agreed!
You crack me up.

Meredith Rachel Munro said...

yeah i don't think it sounds like you're missing out on much here savvy!
it doesn't sound like he has put much effort or energy into the mix. NEXT!