...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Things I Hate About Church #1

Yes, it's good to go back, but still, there are things I hate about church.

Sitting behind those lovey-dovey couples.

Yuck. During two services no less! In one case I had an ice pack in a plastic bag and it rustled. She turned around to look at me. I said, "Sorry!" But then when they were all over each other, she didn't even think to turn around and apologize to me. I wanted to lob my ice pack at them. I didn't, if that's what you're thinking. I only ever got to sit like that once in church and we broke up in the parking lot during communion. Grr. I still remember that he smelled like goat. Oh, the odor coming up from his unwashed suit! yuck! But still, grrr!

7 comments:

Emily said...

You don't have to post it - but Astro could be newly named Astro Turd (get it?) there is no excuse for smelliness. Soap is available everywhere and if you can afford to buy clothes- you can afford dry cleaning and detergent. I mean Dollar Tree sells name brand soap !!

SavvyD said...

You made me laugh soooooo hard! He MUST not have realized how he smelled. I tried to tell him other things about his personal grooming. If I've learned anything, it's that you must love a man AS HE IS. If you can't, MOVE ON. He WILL NOT CHANGE.

Emily said...

I'm just really annoyed that some people (who have the resources and intellect) don't exercise good personal hygeine. I suppose there are some girls who would date a guy who smells a little bit musty (I'm positive there are - case and point - I know someone who married a guy who smelled like BO), but I'm not one of them. If he doesn't smell like soap, to me, he is a dope.

SavvyD said...

I'm with you on using soap and washing clothes. Men are secretly still dwelling in caves and don't always notice these things. You have to like/love a man how he IS. There has to be someone who might like his personal parfum, but not me. Search for "Clash of the Pet Peeves" on my blog if you want to remember the details of that breakup.

Sarah Lynn said...

Me, too...it's a kick to the gut if you're single. I hate seeing it.

Emily said...

Maybe I am wierd, but I don't feel bad as a single person when I see couples hugging etc. But when there is tonsil hockey in public - ick ick

SavvyD said...

I guess I wish it were me. Oh wait, the only other time I sat like that in church was with CHRIS!! I forgot that--or maybe I blocked it out. ;)