...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Surprising Weight Loss Secrets from Oprah

We've all heard the we lose weight in summer. Maybe it's just the heat plus the activity level. Part of the way that they sell gym memberships is they have told people to sit in the sauna after a workout and it increases your calorie burn because you heart rate is elevated. On top of that, the sweating releases toxins. It's one thing to hear it from the gym rats, but another thing to hear it from Dr. Oz on Oprah who recommends it for people who are less active. He is an actual MD. I'm going to give it a shot. My present list of injuries does qualify me as less active. What have I got to lose? Actually alot. About 30 lbs. If they said it on Oprah, it must be so! (And the sauna is co-ed. Bonus! It's in a public area so people will be fully clothed! Stop thinking like that. ;)

2 comments:

SavvyD said...

Day 1--the sauna is a little bit beat up from people sitting on the top shelf and putting their shoes on the lower shelf. A guy adjusted his shorts so his boxers were sticking out. I thanked him for doing that right in front of me in the sauna. He turned red.

SavvyD said...

Day 2--This time people were very entertaining. Some guys were doing pushups. Another guy came in, unzipped and tucked his shirt in. He at least faced away from me, but seriously, come on! How about a little decency? Talked about what it means when guys say they want to "hang out". Stayed in so long that I felt light headed when I got out. Going to limit myself next time.