...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ghetto State Beach on the 4th of July

This 4th I found myself at Ghetto State Beach where revelers left trash everywhere. There is a reason why your mother told you not to walk barefoot on the beach–I found a Corona bottle and an empty Vodka bottle. I picked up several bags of recyclable trash at another campsite. While beachcombing and picking stuff up, I walked away with kids sand toys, a boogie board, a wake board, a towel, child size flip flops, a styrofoam cooler and two woven beach mats. I could have taken home alot more. I never want to go to this beach on a holiday unless it’s to organize some volunteers to clean the beach. And when I got to my car some b$tch lesbian (Yes she really was a lesbian and she really was a b$tch.) was leaning against my car talking to her girlfriend and told me she cleaned a spot on the car. On top of that she kept waving at me and smiling to taunt me. (Or attempt to anyway.) I was disgusted. I usually go to beaches that are attached to nicer parts of town. How are people so careless? I wish I had told her she was fired for not cleaning the rest of of my car, but I really don’t want to get into any more verbal altercations with crazy people.

3 comments:

SavvyD said...

And yes, I bragged about my beachcombing and cleaning up someone else's campsite today at church. ;) I left out that part about that chick.

Avril said...

Were you in NJ? I used to live there and all the beaches were like this. This is why I wasn't very fond of beaches growing up because my memory of it was coming home with cut up feet from all the garbage on the sand and in the water. Very sad indeed.

SavvyD said...

Avril-no. I was in CALIFORNIA! I thought our big littering, recycling and :Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute" campaigns did a little bit more. I'm guessing that people were really drunk. Maybe next year I'll see if I can lead a group of volunteers to clean up in exchange for them hanging onto a fire pit for us and free parking for x number of cars. I don't know how I can make that happen, but I will see what I can do. Maybe I can meet a guy in the process. The business of singleness is getting really, really old.