...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

What Goes Up Must Come Down

I was out with a Meetup group--that means that it's a group of people all of whom will see each other again at one event or another. This one was a bar. Some people were drinking, some people were dancing and some people were talking and flirting.

I ended up in a conversation with a friend and a man I found very interesting...it turned out he was a health practitioner. He was Dutch like one of my long-term boyfriends and I asked for a consultation as he was leaving...

Quacky: So what's the problem?
Savvy: It's my heart.
Quacky: What about your heart.
Savvy: It's broken.
Quacky: How many pieces?
Savvy: 17.
Quacky: Really? 17 is my lucky number.
Savvy: Really?

He gave me his card, asked me to email him, smiled and then touched my cheek. I hoped he thought I was cute, sweet and funny. Charming.



--------------------------------------------

Hello Quacky,

It was nice meeting you on Friday. I'm so glad my dinner got
canceled or I wouldn't have made it. I checked out your
website. Very interesting stuff. I decided not to send a
personal email to your business address because I wouldn't want
your secretary to know that I was flirting with you--or that
you were in a bar with those Euro Friends on Friday night!!

I didn't see anything about healing broken hearts--maybe that
is a private treatment plan?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Savvy

--------------------------------------------

Hi Savvy,
Thanks for your email and thank you for respecting my privacy.
I wouldn't know when to take care of your broken heart. I am a
pretty busy guy and I hardly have any time left for social
activities.

I liked meeting you last Friday and I also like fantasies a
lot, but as I said, I wouldn't know how to organize myself so
that I could do a healing on you.

Be well,
Quacky

--------------------------------------------

What a shame. I would have just left it at see you around, but
you told me to email you. I debated if I even should since you
didn't ask for my information. My friends have been telling me
I should be a little bolder, but what I do best is cute, sweet
and funny--maybe slightly flirtatious.

Savvy


---------------------------------------------

I had hope. I thought positively. He seemed to like me. I was attracted to him. Some of my friends thought I was so clever in the way I expressed my interest. They found it so charming. Yet, it still fell flat. Is love just not my thing? I wish someone would tell me if I will ever have a boyfriend again or get married. If I knew, I would never be with anyone, I could just stop thinking about it--or at least try to--or have a surgery to have my interest and hope to have a relationship removed. I hate to tell you, but anti-depressants didn't completely remove the desire. Is there some kind of lobotomy that would do this? I used to think it was a given that I would be married.

I didn't work the bar for phone numbers or even walk up to any men I didn't know. He came to where we were sitting to get his things before he left and started talking to us. At least I know he's not interested. I allowed myself to believe for a day or so that I could have a relationship. I imagined things I haven't done with anyone in years--going to a special restaurant, walking on the beach and holding hands, spending the day together, talking about things we liked or didn't like. It was nice.

Another guy who I had talked to at a house party gave me his card. I don't even entertain the idea that he would be interested in me even though he said we should hang out sometime before the next event.

I watched Oprah and Dr. Oz recommends that you double the amount of sex you had last year. Ummm... let's see... 2x0=0 That was easy.

7 comments:

azuspeak said...

Hi Miss Savvy!

I LOVE your blog! I'll definitely be putting in my Google Reader so I can read it more often. You have such a great insight!

RhodeIslandAlissa said...

Oh man, I thought you handled that email like a champ... what a downer though.

He likes fantasies alot? Oh ok good to know. haha.

Hmm. Love. blah.

Are you familiar with boundless.org? Its probably the most amazing website geared toward christian young adult/young professionals.

SavvyD said...

Ahhhh, Boundless. Give yourself a few more years of being single and you will feel differently about them. It's written by people who don't know what S-I-N-G-L-E truly is. I'll let you know if I hear from this guy in response. Yes, Savvy, you are wonderful. I am just trying to establish my practice, blah, blah, you deserve better, blah, blah, I'm too old for a sweet young thing like you, blah, blah...

SavvyD said...

azuspeak--thank you!!!! Every word of encouragement helps.

RhodeIslandAlissa said...

Oh dear Boundless. Yeah I can see what you mean I guess. haha. darn.

SassyGirl said...

Judging by that dialogue, I'm so surprised he turn down the opportunity to see you again!
I guess some men only know how to flirt... no follow-up! Geez!

SavvyD said...

Sassy--I was thinking the same thing!