...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Rough Switch to Digital TV

Even I'm thinking it's not so great. We switched from film to video and it was tolerable, though some things were lost. And now that we have been working with it well, wouldn't you know it? There's another change. It's not like the switch from analog to digital with cell phones. That was easy because everyone signs up for a new plan and gets a new phone when the contract is up. And the new phones are always much better. But TVs? They were built to last for years.

I have to be honest, my old TV is a little better in terms of sound that my new flat panel TV. But I love that I can place that TV anywhere. Some of the channels look like someone is filming with a cell phone camera. Yes, Universal Sports was really THAT bad when they broadcast their coverage of the LA Marathon. Will it improve later today? I'm nervous.

2 comments:

grasshopper said...

i'm glad that the switch is finally happening... it seems like they've been talking about it for years now

SavvyD said...

Yeah!! My TV works. I rescanned. They must have upped the digital signal. I knew I must have been getting some kind of signal from the digital because I ended up watching Oprah in Spanish on the new TV, but no on the old TV. I speak Spanish fluently, so it wasn't a problem to understand it, but it was ODD!! Suzie Ormon doesn't sound the same.