...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Positive Thinking

It bothers me when people just chime, "Think positively." That doesn't even mean anything. It really doesn't. You can pray and you can hope, but don't just "Think positively." When I took my teaching job, I thought I was going to have an award winning choir and win festivals and competitions. I thought they would like me--no love me. I certainly didn't think I'd be out on work comp disability because I had to have shoulder surgery, unable to play piano and looking at different career options. At this point, Swing usually sighs heavily. He's way more mired than I am. In fact he's moving back home to be a rogue game programmer in his parents' basement. I'm trying to find the balance between positive thinking and realistic thinking. I'm, at least, over the idea that I should stay home and just be agoraphobic because so many things have gone wrong. Not that I ever believed that was a real option.

No comments: