I make no apologies to the insincere. I just couldn't take it anymore. Let's review why I just don't/can't/shouldn't/couldn't care:
1. He canceled a date VIA TEXT.
2. His phone calls have been respectively for 12, 7 and 5 minutes.
3. He always called me when he was 'catching up on phone calls'.
4. I couldn't even understand his last name from his answering machine.
5. I am renting a Mercedes C300 and he would rather unpack than spend time with me driving the car. That was the tipping point that made me decide he most likely has either a wife or a girlfriend at home.
So I left him a message...
Hey there, I hate to leave a message about this, but I can't reach you and you just aren't available enough to keep me interested in anything more than friendship. I don't know anything about you. I really was interested and you said some really nice things that raised my expectations, but you haven't lived up to the expectation you set. Maybe we can get get to know each other as friends and maybe you'll drop some of this cloak and dagger stuff of never having time. I get the feeling that you read in some magazine that you're supposed to be unavailable and girls like it. I don't. It makes it seem like you would be a bad boyfriend. Again, I hate to leave a message, but there's no other way to reach you. I hope to hear from you and that you want to step up, but if I don't, that's OK too. Take care of yourself.
As predicted, I haven't heard anything, but I feel better knowing I have spoken my mind.
My friends said all kinds of things about sleeping with a guy sooner than my standards would allow, to "reel him in" or whatever. They realized that sounded really dumb when I never even got to a first date with this guy. I guess they were hoping that if I changed the way I do things that I would have a boyfriend instead of endless drama and stupidity from guys who wanted a relationship that included sex. If I were to slip and have sex I'm sure God could forgive me even if all of you couldn't, but it doesn't seem to be even about that.
I just don't care anymore and it's liberating.