...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Buh-Bye Netbook Guy

I make no apologies to the insincere. I just couldn't take it anymore. Let's review why I just don't/can't/shouldn't/couldn't care:
1. He canceled a date VIA TEXT.
2. His phone calls have been respectively for 12, 7 and 5 minutes.
3. He always called me when he was 'catching up on phone calls'.
4. I couldn't even understand his last name from his answering machine.
5. I am renting a Mercedes C300 and he would rather unpack than spend time with me driving the car. That was the tipping point that made me decide he most likely has either a wife or a girlfriend at home.

So I left him a message...

Hey there, I hate to leave a message about this, but I can't reach you and you just aren't available enough to keep me interested in anything more than friendship. I don't know anything about you. I really was interested and you said some really nice things that raised my expectations, but you haven't lived up to the expectation you set. Maybe we can get get to know each other as friends and maybe you'll drop some of this cloak and dagger stuff of never having time. I get the feeling that you read in some magazine that you're supposed to be unavailable and girls like it. I don't. It makes it seem like you would be a bad boyfriend. Again, I hate to leave a message, but there's no other way to reach you. I hope to hear from you and that you want to step up, but if I don't, that's OK too. Take care of yourself.

As predicted, I haven't heard anything, but I feel better knowing I have spoken my mind.

My friends said all kinds of things about sleeping with a guy sooner than my standards would allow, to "reel him in" or whatever. They realized that sounded really dumb when I never even got to a first date with this guy. I guess they were hoping that if I changed the way I do things that I would have a boyfriend instead of endless drama and stupidity from guys who wanted a relationship that included sex. If I were to slip and have sex I'm sure God could forgive me even if all of you couldn't, but it doesn't seem to be even about that.

I just don't care anymore and it's liberating.

8 comments:

Adam T. said...

Savvy, what you said to him was excellent - straightforward and honest.

SavvyD said...

Hehe, thanks. I had some friends laughing over this. He's a guy who was gone for a DAY. How much would he have to unpack? Sho nuff, haven't heard from him.

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious. he wasn't interested, so he ignored you. you in turn chased him, giving him multiple opportunities to reject you again.

my favorite part of your message to him: "I get the feeling that you read in some magazine that you're supposed to be unavailable and girls like it."

well, apparently you do.

SavvyD said...

I told him I didn't like it. He was the one who said all of that stuff, he was the one who made dates, he was the one who told me he thought I was sexy. I told him I just wanted to be friends and that he wasn't living up to the expectation he set up, so I told him I was done. I call that me ending things. Kinda like how some people have been broken up with via text or email. I dumped him via voicemail.

Hey anon--speaking of hiding, why be anon?

SavvyD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SavvyD said...

I've given this some additional thought. It may not make sense to you, but the "old me" would have hung on and kept trying. The "old me" would have thought it was me. The "old me" would never have said to a guy that his behavior "just makes me think you'd be a bad boyfriend."

Adam F said...

Wow,
Lest a message to break up with the guy before the first date was completed...
Guys are such idiots... You aren't supposed to ignore the girl until after you scored the "Home Run".
This guy gets up to bat and walks off the field before the first pitch.
Look, if you want to make this a business, I'll get you "Clients".
I'll start off by dressing you in a bustier and then we go to renaissance fair and we walk through and I shout in an old english accent, "Used Virgin for sale!!!" as for the STD's we can get you the HPV Vaccine, then we shave your privates bare so we don't have to worry about crestacians, and we get you "ALL" sizes of condoms so you ensure a snug fitting condom and not leave it up to the imagination of the guy to try to fill a "Magnum".
All kidding aside, as a man, I am embarresed for the men you have encountered. All of them combined have not had the social skill to at least get you interested enough to have enough drinks with them to make you forget some of their ineptitudes let alone get to the point of the horizontal Mambo...
Then again many people don't know how to value something that is free... If you put a price on it though, It makes marketing sense...

SavvyD said...

I know, but it was MY chance for the proverbial "break up by post-it note." I at least gave more information than Berger gave to Carrie in Sex and the City.