...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

How rude can you be? As if it's all the single girl's fault! I've heard it all--don't say this, don't say that, don't do this, don't do that. Seriously, I'm throwing away all of my dating books because they simply don't address what really happens in the mind of a man. Not that I was interested in this one. It just so happens that you can find yourself being one of the last two people at an event and on an impromptu date who turns to you and asks...
Man: Do you have to have kids? Do you think that's something you need?
Savvy: (Choking on water.) Ummm...I don't know.
Man: Well, I've already had my kids. My boys are all grown up.
Savvy: I don't know.
Man: I was just wondering because what if you meet someone you really like. Would that be enough for you or do you have to be a mom, too.
Savvy: Ummm...I don't know. I'll let you know when I meet someone that I care about enough to stay with. I would like to be with someone I care about and I know I don't want to raise kids so badly that I'll do it on my own. I don't have some massive agenda of what I have to have and I'll take the nearest man to accomplish it. I know some women are like that. I just don't think it's fair to have any rules on it.
Man: Well, there are no guarantees that if you start with someone that they will still be there. You can end up single again at any time.
Savvy: I don't know.

I was starting to notice that he kept looking at my chest.

Kids? I mean, seriously, I don't know. Do I have to have them with YOU?


7 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Haha, what an idiot (him, clearly, not you!)

Adam said...

I think man had it right to bring this up early, although he could have done it a little more tactfuly. When not having kids or not having anymore kids is important, that needs to be brought up on day one by man or woman. This early heads up is setting the boundries and lets you know that birthcontrol should be priority for both. I think failure to bring up this topic in the beggining of a relationship sets up heart break in the event of a pregnancy. He is merely stating his position that he doesn't want kids, and if you do then time to move on or in your case undecided, then better to keep on looking.

How did you feel about him looking at your chest? I know some women are very offended by this, but it is really hard to control this urge. Let's face it, your chest is not easy to ignore. Although personaly I a huge fan of your smile... Oh, and your legs in nylons :)

SavvyD said...

Thing is I seriously don't know. If I found a great guy who didn't want to have kids I might stick it out. But I am quite fertile I'm sure and I would want to have a baby if I got pregnant. I just seriously don't want to raise kids on my own unless it was unavoidable like if I were married and something happened to him or whatever. Until then there just isn't anyone I can think of who I would say I want to have children with who is avilable and likes me. But I've seen it where a guy really is in love with a woman and wants kids again after all even when he said otherwise in the beginning. Until then, I just don't know because I don't really know, ya know?

SavvyD said...

PS I just met him and we weren't on a date. In other words, he was rude for no reason. Nowadays you can't even have coffee with a guy and have it just be coffee.

Oh yeah, and women get the blame for bringing this up. It's to the point where we aren't even allowed to say a kid is cute or a house is nice because it makes a man suspicious? Give me a major break!!!

Adam F said...

Well you know, if you want coffee with a guy, I'm your guy. :)

SavvyD said...

Thanks, you still owe me a shoulder to cry on.

SavvyD said...

One of my friends asked me if I say I don't know just to trap a guy...um, riight. If it's a trap to say that, it's not working very well as last I checked, I still don't have a boyfriend. I certainly would rather be with someone who cared about me than to be alone.