...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Love and the Mystery Shop

Mystery shopping and love... Who would have thought it was possible? And then on an auto shop, I locked eyes with Latin. Could it be love at first sight? He was my salesperson on an auto shop, and I was shopping him... Let's just say love was not a part of the report. I certainly don't want to lose my job or make anyone lose theirs, though both of us could.

I first thought of some kind of connection with him when he said that most women don't like the same music he likes.
Savvy: Really? What kind of music do you like?
Latin: Oldies.
Savvy: What kind of oldies? Like KRTH 101? 1950s? DuWop?
Latin: Yes. And stuff like Andrea Bocelli.
Savvy: I love that kind of stuff. My station all of last year for my commute was KRTH 101.
Latin: Wow. Really?
Savvy: I know how important music is. It means everything to me.


He smiled and seemed pleased. Back to finding a car to test drive. He showed me the interior and I leaned the seat all the way back. I wondered how unprofessional it would be to kiss my salesperson...and then snapped out of it. What was I thinking??? Back to work!!

The test drive seemed more like a date than a test drive. I really started to wonder if he felt the same thing and just had to be professional. When we got to the point of talking about numbers...
Savvy: well, buying a new car is a big commitment and I'm not sure I'm ready.
Latin: Let me give you my phone number here at the dealership, it's my direct line and you can call me anytime.
Savvy: Well, if you really want me to reach you, why don't you give me your phone number at home? Or your email?
Latin: I'll give you both.
Savvy: OK


I didn't know what I would actually do with the information I had been given, but it felt so nice to have hope that love could thrive among the mystery shops.

Look for Part 2...

No comments: