...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Wedding Registry

I'm getting married! At least I am in the land of mystery shopping. I signed up for a wedding registry to assess how they sold it. Just so you know, weddings are big money for stores. And how he listened so carefully with a sweet expression as I told him about my fictitious fiance--based on a real person.

I'm happy about the $25 I got paid as my shop fee. I'm still getting emails thanking me for signing up and what an exciting and special time in my life this must be. It's bothering me that the real person hasn't called me when he said he would when he got back from a business trip.

In any case, the story:
I knew him in high school. We were in choir together and we never quite noticed each other. He used to drive this red t-top convertible that everyone wanted a ride in. In any case, we ran into each other at a reunion. He's a widower. It's really kind of sad because his wife was a kidney transplant patient and had to go in for another surgery of some kind. Needless to say, he's still in the middle of suing them for wrongful death. They had been talking about starting a family together, so neither of us have kids. But we started talking after and then we fell in love and now we're getting married.

What I concluded is that people listen so carefully to a love story because it gives people hope. It was great to have a love story to tell--even if it isn't true. I might just keep telling love stories as if they were mine.

7 comments:

Claire and Chloe said...

haha! I love your blog, I always get a kick out of them.

Learner said...

Hi Savvy,

Is the real person a widower you met at a HS reunion?

SavvyD said...

Learner--Ding! Ding! Ding! you win a million dollars!! Of course, those are fictitious also. Sorry about that!

shaun said...

What a clever story line.

Who says mystery shopping can't be fun?

I also tell people they can get paid to act.

Adam T. said...

I signed up for a wedding registry to assess how they sold it. Just so you know, weddings are big money for stores.

Ha. My fiancee and I discovered that stores around here are phasing out the wedding registry, for reasons we can't fathom. Only one of the stores we tried allowed us to do a registry.

Adam F said...

You couldn't have seen him at our reunion, he's a year ahead of us.

SavvyD said...

Adam--we've been getting together and hanging out with a bunch of years together. You should come to the next one.