I really don't care. I swear I don't. My best Valentine's Day was with a boyfriend I had in college. I was so excited because it was my first valentine's day with a boyfriend. I've hardly ever had a boyfriend for Valentine's Day and when I did after that I remember it being a disappointment. I was hoping that this year I would have a special Valentine, but that went bust about 2 weeks ago. Last year I hoped to have a special Valentine, but we broke up in January. I met someone right after Valentine's Day and pretended like it was Valentine's Day when we went out. Then he broke my heart. Then Tall broke my heart. I'm tired of having my heart broken. I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of not trying. I'm tired of being overlooked. I'm tired of being lonely.
I'm tired of people's lame advice starting with things like:
1. It'll happen when you least expect it.
2. Maybe you're being too picky.
3. He's just not that into you.
4. The Lord is sufficient for you.
5. Find a nice guy at church. (My recent favorite. Thanks Quirky!!)
6. Maybe you should move to ____________ (pick one: the Midwest, Alaska, etc.)
7. Maybe you shouldn't kiss them on the first date.
8. Maybe you should have sex.
9. Maybe you should lose weight.
10. Maybe you should f off--oh wait that's me with my bad attitude again.
I feel sad for the people who are rushing around trying to figure out what they will do with themselves. I feel sad for Swing who rushed to make plans to attend a gaming convention with a bunch of single geeks who have nothing better to do. I feel sad for my new friend Quirky who also felt the need to make plans to go hiking with a bunch of people who also don't have plans for Valentine's Day. Some people are actually going on an anonymous date. I think I might actually be working. I agreed to go to a party, but I might rather work.