...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Monday, December 15, 2008

When it rains, it pours

Lord knows that most of California is kind of funny. Our weather is definitely a part of that. We are dry most of the year. Sometimes we are dry for several years at a time with hardly a drop of rain. I have a feeling that we will make up for it this year. When it does rain here, it pours. When we have rain, we have flash floods, landslides, major accidents, road closures and were were starting to wonder if we weren't going to have a tornado since some clouds were so thick, black and ominous. What the crap!! This is SUPPOSED to be SUNNY California.

And honestly, I feel like I am in a desert myself--Spiritually, emotionally, financially, physically and romantically. Lately I've just been a little bit miserable. But it's not just me. It's infected so many of us just a little bit. After the harsh rains, landslides and accidents, the weather clears and everything grows. We have spring in the middle of winter. It's so weird.

I just hope I don't have to wait too much longer for it rain on me.

4 comments:

C said...

I don't comment much on blogs, but reading your post today made me want to drop you a quick note.

I will pray the rain finds you soon. Waiting for rain can be such a test. May Jesus comfort your heart today.

L.C.T. said...

Ah I know that feeling. Get some time in the Word! We can't run on dry and empty. Hope you get some raindrops in you soon.

Anonymous said...

Savvy, I'm so glad you finally wrote something. I've missed you! You help me feel like I'm not the only single Christian woman. I feel like I'm in the spiritual desert romantically too, so hang in there.

Ame said...

Savvy - glad to see you commenting at Amir's site again.

though i don't know what it's like to walk in your shoes, i do know what it's like to be in the desert. it's a very tough place to be.

during some really tough years, these verses from psalm 84 sustained me:

5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools. [b]

7 They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion.



***

life is a 'pilgrimage' ... that's tough sometimes, well, a lot of times. but when i finally give in to that reality, i handle life better. sometimes it's a process i have to go through frequently.

the valley of baca, or of weeping, is real ... but so is the place of springs and blessings. sometimes the wait is really hard. i often drew comfort that my tears were creating a place of springs - lot of tears made me think i was creating BIG springs :)

that we go from strength to strength sustained me. i am only given enough strength for now ... only enough mana for today. i wanted, and still want, strength for tomorrow, but tomorrow isn't here yet. God gives me strength for now and mana for today.

if you can't pray anything else, pray,"help" and "i trust You, God"