...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Unusual Christmas Card

Dear Savvy,
Here is a picture of the happy family. You can put it up on your dartboard and use it for target practice just for spite. Or you can put it in your shoe for extra arch support. Let's catch a movie sometime on DVD at my place. It's hard with the kids.

Love,
Issues
(Your longest time friend from college who has some serious anger issues that she couldn't have children naturally.)


I have a friend who, after serious medical intervention in all cases, is pregnant for the 3rd time. She went through years of being extremely bitter. Through it all, I told her that she should be thankful for a husband who loves her no matter what. Some of us don't even have that. She sent me the usual picture postcard of the family with a note that I don't know what to make of...

One time we went shopping together and I was keeping her son entertained while she was in the bathroom. She came out and was looking at me funny.
Issues: I don't know how you do it. You're so good with him. When I couldn't have kids I was so mad that I didn't even want to talk to a kid. I would just cry and storm off.
Savvy: Well, hon, that's cause you're sick in the head. But I love you anyway.


When she called to announce that she was having her 3rd child, I was happy for her.
Savvy: Hey, cool. This one's for me, right? I'll tell everyone you're having my baby.

It think it's important to keep a sense of humor. This same friend told me that I should have my eggs frozen for future use because they had just started that program where she was going for fertility treatments.

Seriously, what do you say?

Maybe next year I'll be like Paris and send out pics of me with my little Chihuahua. Of course I'll have to rent one because I don't want one.



5 comments:

Argentum Vulgaris said...

Yup, that's weird...

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/
http://thingsthatfizz.blogspot.com/

single/certain said...

i agree. molto wierd. i think it's very telling how someone reacts when they can't get what they want. are they bitter and angry and trash-talking anyone who has the thing/person/situation they want? that is no good. not that i haven't been there. ohhhhhh i have :). might even be again some day.

Malady said...

Hi Savvy! Thanks for all your comments!
About your friend, I'm not sure I understand why she's so bitter. Lately, I'm finding that I have less time for my needy friends as I now have a needy infant.
: )

Anonymous said...

Savvy,
Maybe she's just hormonal. She is currently preggers, right?
A coworker recently bitched that her husband didn't shovel the snow from the front door to her car. waaahh.. I told her to be thankful that she has someone. Like your friend I am sometimes bitter over the fact that I'm in my early 40s and never married. I don't like hearing about others finding 'the one'. On the surface, I'm happy for them (and truly I am happy) but I get upset that it still hasn't happened for me. Don't tell me you've never felt that way yourself. I think at some time we all wonder, why me? What about me?

SavvyD said...

Of course I'm slightly bitter. I've had my heart broken several times this year and been soundly criticized for trying to date when I should be at home knotting or something. I get the same lame advice. It will happen when you least expect it... Um right. My grandmother met her husband of 40 something years when she was 15. OF COURSE she least expected it.

Anon, I understand and you are not alone. I have 2 friends that I can't believe don't have boyfriends. They are really pretty.