...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Boys, Boys, Boys: Boys That Warn You

Last weekend I was a little flower with man-bees sniffing me out. Is a dress with a little cleavage all it takes? Back to Bachelor #1. Here is my list again:
Bachelor #1 Loan Officer
Bachelor #2 Screenwriter (former network administrator.)
Bachelor #3 Insurance Administrator (Tall)


I've met #1 before. We had an interesting evening that time hanging out, throwing back a few cold ones and then trying to cook with Becky and her date. I thought Loan was a bit odd, but funny.

I went to a wine and appetizer mixer Friday and there he was. I handed him a glass of wine. He wanted to take a picture of me to send to his friends. Apparently this was a direct effect of the cleavage dress.

After wine and appetizers, we relocated to a bar to meet up with some other folks who weren't able to make it earlier. I confess I was already tipsy from the wine. But I was among friends and got a ride to the next location. Really, I didn't recognize Loan at first, so I didn't particularly pay attention. I mean, I was off on the patio with another guy with absolutely no thoughts about it.

Things didn't get interesting until we were waiting for Becky Sue to stop dancing with whatever guy she was with. Someone who I can't remember if he was in our group or just there. It was all a bit blurry. Dora had to drag us out of there. I was sitting on Loan's lap laughing about...something. And finally Dora was walking out the door threatening to leave us.

Dora: I'm out of here.
Savvy: Lemme go back in for Becky Ssssuzzzie Q.
Dora: Fine, she needs to walk home with somebody. I'm getting the car.
Loan: hahaha
Savvy: Shhhhhussh!!
Dora: Fine. She has ONE Prince song.
Loan: We can't leave without her...
Sav: Wait..here sshe comess, walking down the street...Hey big sis!!! She's gonna leave ussh. Make us walk home.
Bex: I'm coming, I'm coming.
Dora: Say goodnight, Becky Sue.
She ended up hugging that guy for a long time. I admit I was a little annoyed. They were the only ones on the dance floor for about 15 minutes. Betty was sitting in the car kinda quiet, but trying to keep Dora calm. The rest of us started singing along with the Prince CD.
Dora: Seriously, shut up! You guys are not ALLOWED to sing along with Prince. This is a NEW CD and you DON'T know the WORDS!! In fact, I don't even know them yet.
Bex: Prince is sacred to her.
Sav: Oh, sorry, sorry sorry...
Becky Sue and I looked at each other and started snort laughing hysterically.
Sav: hehe sorry. Oh, Dora, thankss for driving!!
Dora: Can't you guys use your inside voices??
Sav: hehe sorry!!
Bex and Loan: Sssorry!!
Snort laughter, Betty spoke in hushed tones.
Dora: I'm just not used to people being like this. I mean, I don't even drink.
Sav: Um, wait, weren't you a Marine?
Dora: Your point?
Sav: Cause the Marines are kinda known for being raucus partiers--in fact most of the military likes to get their drink on Miss "I'm not used to people who drink."
She said nothing. Probably because Betty intervened. I was staying over with Becky Sue rather than drive--along with Betty and Loan.

That's when things got interesting. Betty and Becky Sue got tired out and next thing I knew, I was alone with Loan who was massaging my foot. Thus began our time of true confessions--the ones you make when you are rather tipsy.

Savvy: I'm sooo unlucky in love!!
Loan: What about guys at church.
Savvy: OMG, you're sooooooo CUUUUUUUTE!! Church is like the worst place to meet a guy.
Loan: I was just thinking that would be a great way to meet a guy your speed. Savvy: Soooo funny! I've only met ONE guy and had a date in the past 10 years from church, so I don't go to church for that. Guys at church think I'm too wild.
Loan: really?
Savvy: And you think I'm too MILD!! Hahahaa.
Loan: No way.
Savvy: All I get when I go to church is closer to the LORD. Jesus is a great guy, but I wasn't planning on being a NUN!!
Loan: Please don't become a nun.
Savvy: Maybe I should since one of my boyfriends was always so critical of my lack of experience.
Loan: He just didn't like you enough. Next time a guy is like that with you, just move on.

He kissed me.
Savvy: Ummmm, OK.
Then he kissed me again. And then were were making out. Oops. It was dumb. I was still tipsy and I really regret it because it was so meaningless. I didn't even enjoy it.

We spent the day together the next day since my car was off in the hinterlands of the night before. It was nice to spend the day with someone. We cuddled on the couch and watched baseball. I knew that would be the end of it when he turned to me and issued forth THE WARNING--the one that all women hear but some choose to ignore. Ladies, never ignore the WARNING.
Loan: My life isn't really settled right now. I'm not really in a position to start a relationship right now.
Savvy: Hmmm, oh. What do you mean?
Loan: well, I'm not making nearly the amount of money I should be making.
Savvy: And the economy sucks right now, too.
Loan: So it's really hard. Plus, I still have feelings for someone else.
Savvy: Fair enough. I know who that is.
Loan: Who?
Savvy: Becky Sue.
Loan: Well, yes, but that's not going to happen and there was someone else too--and then there was the divorce... And there was that other thing I told you baout. I don't normally tell people about that and I don't normally let people get close to me. If I let people get close to me, they die.

I wondered what that really meant. It was weird. He made dinner for us and then I went home. At least he called later in the week. But still, I was upset that I had a makeout session with another guy who is not my boyfriend. This is what I hate about single life. I get way less involved and have way less sexual expression of any kind than I would if I were married and yet I have sexual feelings that I want to express. I certainly wish I could be with the same person all the time. I don't think marrieds understand. Maybe even some singles don't quite understand.

Actually, honestly, thanks for the warning. The next Friday he was angry that the dinner that a group was attending did not as planned. The hostess was about an hour late--kinda rude--yes, I agree. I got an earful of the f word from him. Thanks for the warning. And honestly, thanks for being so angry away from me because I really don't need to date another guy with anger issues. Between spending the evening, next day and this angry phone call, I have a quickie view into what a relationship with him would be like. Difficult. In fact, he called Becky Sue to complain--leaving an angry message.

Savvy: Did you call him back?
Becky: Are you kidding? I'm not talking to that! I know how he gets. No thanks anyway!!


3 comments:

Stella said...

Ah, the warning. There was a guy months back that gave me the warning. Fortunately I wasn't seeking a relationship at that time anyway, and definitely not with him.

Fast forward to the present. I continued my life as usual having fun all the way, and then he asked me to be exclusive with him. I promptly told him no, since the timing was just bad for me. Did I give him the warning back? Oh well.

Stella said...

Ah, the warning. There was a guy months back that gave me the warning. Fortunately I wasn't seeking a relationship at that time anyway, and definitely not with him.

Fast forward to the present. I continued my life as usual having fun all the way, and then he asked me to be exclusive with him. I promptly told him no, since the timing was just bad for me. Did I give him the warning back? Oh well.

SavvyD said...

Stella, it's not the same as the guy warning. You told him the timing was off, end of story. Guys warnings are different--usually theirs are:
I don't believe in marriage.
I'm not looking for anything serious.
I really hate X. (If you like it, keep it away from me.)