...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Monsoon in Paradise

There are some problems sometimes as you get to know someone beyond a profile and start exchanging emails. Let's just say there are some unusual red flags...some I discussed about people not reading a profile all the way through and others from, well, situations that seem uncomfortable.

I was exchanging emails with a very good looking guy in Hotlanta (Atlanta). I think Indians settle there alot because it's so hot and humid that it's practically like Calcutta. In fact, even summer storms drench you like a petite monsoon.

I used to live in the South--Southern US that is--South Carolina to be exact. Having been raised in California presented quite a culture clash. You see, down there they still call our Civil War The War of Northern Aggression and celebrate little-known holidays such as Confederate Memorial Day. It was a rough fit at best, depression causing at its worst.

Plus, my new Indian paramore revealed his whole family has come out and is living with him. Ummm, so, where does a bride fit in to all of that? Especially an American one? With strange customs two and three times over, I think I'll pass on this one, though he's Bollywood good-looking. Looks aren't enough.

Indian women enjoying monsoonal rains. Not me. I'm ducking for cover.

No comments: