...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ticket to Ride

It was the first day of the cell phone law in California. And sho nuff, I got a ticket--but not for using my cell phone. For running a red light--but I DIDN'T do what the cop thinks he saw!!!

Lights behind me and a familiar whoo from the car. Seriously, what could I have done? I saw the guy when I was making my left turn. Is it now illegal to eat In-n-Out while driving? I took another bite of my burger while I waited for Officer Krupke to approach me.

Savvy: Hello, what can I do to help you?
Krupke: You just ran a red light. I need you license and registration.
Savvy: The light was yellow.
Krupke: Did you see all those cars stopped? That's because the light was red.
Savvy: The turn signal was yellow.
Krupke: That was for the left turn lane.
Savvy: So, you're telling me there was no right turn signal?
Krupke: That's correct.
Savvy: Well, that's not what I saw. I'm not going to argue with you, I'll see you in court. I know what I saw.
Krupke: Oh... You can enter a plea of not guilty at court.


He wandered back to his car. I casually finished my burger. I should have told him to go look at the light, but I didn't want to argue. I had already been argumentative enough. There really is a right turn signal and he just didn't see it. I even thought about just driving off. Whatever. They expect them to write lots of tickets when they pass a new law. He brought the ticket and my license and registration.

Savvy: I just want you to know that I have 0 points on my record.
Krupke: Have a nice day, ma'am
Savvy: You too. See you in court!


And Gee, Officer Krupke, Krup you!

--------------------------
(Officer Krupke is a character in West Side Story.)

1 comment:

ArmieBrat96 said...

i like this blog and i am also soooo happy Georgia do not have them laws...