...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pitfalls of Indian Matrimonial Ads

When those Indian guys are on the matrimonial websites, they are seriously rarin' to go!! No pussyfooting around like American guys. I get more bites than match.com. First off, I specifically say I want to communicate with someone who is at least a legal resident already over here in the US and a Christian. What's with the Sikh guys who live in Godknowswheri, India writing to me? I guess they look at my picture and are so stunned that they can't read suddenly.

Seriously, I'm starting to wonder what I was thinking when I put an ad up.

One of my first responses was from a nice-sounding guy in Godknowswheri who works for some animal rights organization. The irony of that in largely vegetarian India is sort of amusing now that I think of it... I felt like writing back and saying:
I am American and date Americans. I am a Christian who wants to date Christians. May I suggest sikhsingles.com?

This isn't working out so well. I mean they're all doctors, lawyers and IT professionals, but I find myself wanting to suggest or invent new dating websites:

spiritual-but-not-religious-dating.com
athiest-dating.com
muslim-singles.com (I think that actually exists.)
learn-to-read-english-before-replying.com
read-my-whole-profile.com
US-citizens-matrimonial.com


Then I'd love to invent for myself--
jazz-matrimonials.com, for the jazz lover ready for a relationship.

There have to be some nice Christian guys in my home state, come on! But then, it is only my first day with a picture.

Shanti,
Sumati D