...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ain't Got That Swing

It don't mean a thing
If it ain't got that swing!!


I ain't got that Swing. That's for shizzle. I called Swing because it had been a week since I had heard from him and we were supposed to go to a concert. More than a week actually. As we know from our summer reading, that's a definite sign that he's just not that into me.

It was a strange day anyway. I was in his town which is quite far from me. I had quite a few hours with nothing to do and stopped by a university to use their practice rooms to play piano. I finally called him as I was on my way to the party, which prompted him to show up. I thought he would want to talk to me a little bit more than he did. When I asked him to sit by me enthusiastically patting the chair, his response floored me.

Swing: Possessive, aren't you?
Savvy: Huh? Not really, just no one has been sitting there.


(Honestly, I felt a bit left out when people were sitting far across from me. Plus, I felt left out because the last group was a bit geriatric...that sounds mean, but one of the ladies was a grandmother, 2 had late husbands. Someday I will be someone's late wife but that's because I'm always late. And finally, he was there because I had called him.)

In any case, the concert we were supposed to go is cancelled. There's another one coming up, but I don't know how I feel about still going. I can't really dance swing with a messed up right shoulder. I would have been sending him off to dance with other people the whole night.

After dinner I snuggled up (not too snug) between Swing and Bill. Swing tolerated it for awhile, but then he moved away from me. Bad sign yet again.

But it was a good sign that he and Bill stayed with me to talk. Swing sat nearest to me facing toward me. But then turned away. It's weird, I thought we were at least friends.

Bill stayed with me a bit longer than Swing to listen to me talk about how frustrating it is that guys talk so dirty and I don't. Some guy had called his ex-wife a bitch and it really bothered me. He kissed me on the cheek in parting. I had a bit of a flashback to the night that Bill kissed me on the lips in the parking lot. I had just broken up with Bass--if you can really break up with someone who isn't officially your boyfriend.

I'm so confused by all I have been through this year..all I have blogged about. I need a break. I wish I liked Bill romantically, but I do like him as a friend.

Really, that's OK by me. I really do need some time off from dating anyway. Maybe I'll go to that concert by myself so I don't have to deal with someone potentially wrenching my arm out of its socket and further tearing my rotator cuff.



No comments: