...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is-SHOES!

I have to get rid of some stuff. I have way too many things. I've bought clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. This weekend I got crazy with shoes. I even got blisters. At church I declared, I am now a fashion victim. Look at these blisters! I was proud. But I was not proud of how much I spent.

Fashion victim to the core, I fell for designer labels.
I have bought 5 pairs of Stuart Weitzman shoes this year. (On sale!)
I bought my first pair of Prada shoes. (Gold sandals)
I tried on my first pair of Manolo Blahniks. (4in heels are too high.)
I tried on my first pair of Jimmy Choos. (I yelped ouch when I tried to stand.)
I bought my first pair of Dolce & Gabbana shoes. (Red peep toe pumps)
I bought the Car Shoe--a strappy black patent heel. (Made by Prada)
I bought white patent Calvin Klein flats. (The ones that gave me blisters.)

I'm not sure what inspired me. Was it making Tall drive me to the mall to get those Calvin Klein flats? Was it that Tall said he loved for women to have nice shoes?

And then I began to realize, some of the other shoes I bought were uncomfortable.
Bye bye Calvin Klein strappy black patent heels.

Some don't match my wardrobe.
Bye bye Bruno Magli white and gold heels.

Some are a repeat of other shoes but with wobbley heels.
Bye bye Stuart Weitzman knockoffs.

Do I REALLY NEED another pair of gold sandals? Even though it's a slightly different/darker shade?
Bye bye Prada gold sandals.

Do I REALLY NEED another pair of black patent anything?
Bye bye Car Shoe with the cute black patent tassles.

Do I really NEED another pair of red shoes?
Bye bye Dolce & Gabbana. You squish my toes.

I salute generous return policies! (And hanging onto $600!)

Here's hoping the Calvin Klein flats will stop giving me blisters on my heels. I'm keeping them.


Shoes!! Such pretty boxes! It's almost worth it just for the box!



4 comments:

cassie said...

AHHH where in the world did you get those shoes to the right? The red sandals, they are AMAZING!

SavvyD said...

The red sandals are Alfani--available at Macy's however they are last season. I actually returned them because the heel was a bit unstable for me with a recent sprained ankle. They are Stuart Weitzman knockoffs--that you may still be able to get from zappos.com--the style is called oval. I have those in black patent. :) It was hard to let the red ones go!!

exchurchmouse said...

I like the black shoe you were wearing on your right foot in the picture.

Last week, I bought a pair of sandals from Sears. They were only 14 bucks, but they are very cute and they are comfortable.

I think that the most expensive pair of shoes I will ever pay for now are Aerosoles.

SavvyD said...

Those are Calvin Klein...I liked them, but the straps cut into my pinky toe, so back they went. Don't worry. I have lots of other shoes. I was in Sears yeasterday....maybe I should go back. I really want some natural/tan colored flat sandals. Aerosoles are comfy--though I did sprain my ankle wearing the strappy aqua ones, remember Sprained Ankle Adventures?