...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Return of the One Date Wonder

I got one of those emails saying I had mail at Christian Cafe 2 months ago. I had to wait until I got free time to read it. He told me he would call and didn't. I didn't even like him enough to date him. I had hoped he would be a good replacement for my last boyfriend. The weekend after that I met and started dating Bass.

--------------------------Original Message (Sent Feb 10, 11:44 PM)
Thank you for a wonderful dinner and for being so good about sharing the chocolate, ice cream topped, raspberry adorned dessert! That took character, selflessness and discipline!

I like you and your fresh honest outlook. I am also challenged in the the way you suspected...perhaps time will change that, but I am glad we met.

Sincerely,
Chris


Huh? I was confused, so I wrote to him--2 months later:

--------------------------Original Message (Sent Apr 10, 11:44 PM)
It was fun. I don't remember what I suspected you were challenged by. I started dating someone the next weekend after we went out. I didn't get this until now because I let my account lapse. That ended and I have a date for tomorrow. I've been busy. Hope you met someone you like. It was nice of you to write, though I suspected you wouldn't call when you said you would. I wondered why you bothered with that.
D


At times like this, one must go back to the beginning:

--------------------------Original Message (Sent Jan 20, 11:44 PM)
Wow! What a wonderful profile. I absolutely love the way you write! What a wonderful combination of interesting and funny!

Your emphasis on classics made an impression...I like classic and traditional things too. You sing with gusto and I can even act in your movie (I have not done plays since a church Christmas play in 1998!).

The Bible verse you displayed pertaining to a lack of knowledge of Jesus and belief in Jesus leading to a peoples destruction says much about you, and what it says I very much like. Please read up on me and write me back if you are interested. I am very interested in you and do hope to hear back from you!

Sincerely,
Chris
-------------------------------

Hi Chris,

I enjoyed reading your profile, too. You sound rather cool yourself. We do seem to have quite a few things in common and I do like your interest in typical man things like military service. My dad was in the military. I confess the movie thing is really more of a joke. But who knows, maybe someday I will write a screenplay based on my adventures and misadventures. I can dream, can't I?

D

Original Message (Sent Jan 24, 11:51 PM)
-------------------------------

Hello D,

Christopher is on my birth certificate and I like the name but go by Chris. I am impressed that you are conversant enough with -------- County to have heard about and visited -----. It is a quaint and beautiful town. I have not been for over a decade but doubt it has changed much. I too enjoy hearing coyotes howling, beats dogs barking doesn't it!

Wow, you remember acronyms like FTX and military aptitude training techniques! Very good! Small world, but I currently plan and conduct emergency preparedness exercises.

Sincerely,
Chris
------------------------------------

Well, Chris as in Christopher. That emergency preparedness stuff would most likely kick my butt. Do you make people skin and eat their own cottontail bunny rabbits and rattlesnakes and stuff like that? LOL! Just kidding! I was good at night orienteering--but now I'm getting into my stories. Such a tease!

Just wondering what you find most attractive in a woman? Do you have a type?

D
----------------------------------------

Hello D,

No, we don't skin animals and reptiles. In fact we have some exercises catered! Man have things been backsliding since the bad (food) old days! Glad you asked. I like 1.1 women. Take an average woman's measurements and multiply them by one point one. That is what I like.

Sincerely,
Chris

-----------------------------
Hello D,

I have not called you because you asked me a question important to you and I answered it. You read my answer, but perhaps did not think I wanted to hear back from you first...based on what I told you, would I be attracted to more than your face (which I am by the way, you have a very pretty face, but I can't see anything else), so you tell me?!

Sincerely,
Chris


-----------------------------
Oh, yes. Now I remember. This guy felt challenged because he thought I was too fat. WHATEVER!!! Honestly, I didn't like him because I thought he was a little bit weird and maybe too old for me because he is 47!! He made rude comments about his last girlfriend going to counselling. He also insisted that my stress level would get better if I just switched jobs, then I wouldn't need counselling. Not likely, but everyone's entitled to an opinion.

By contrast, I'm very open to stuff like that, though I don't usually volunteer information about my own experiences. Bass accidentally showed me a website for a counselling center he was looking at on his iphone. He was embarrassed.
Savvy: What's that?
Bass: I haven't gone yet, just thinking about it.
Savvy: We all see SOMEBODY!


Back to the One Date Wonder: The year I was on Christian Cafe I only ended up writing to 12 guys, talking on the phone with about 5 and actually meeting 3 of them. They were both one date wonders. I will not be renewing my account. With such abysmal odds of actually meeting someone, I'll take my chances in person. I've gone out with a few guys that way lately.



No comments: