...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dating Blunders of a Dating Wonder

I went to dinner with a group after a tough week and a tough breakup. Not caring what people think of you can be seriously liberating. Is it really a dating blunder if I just don't care?

I was late.
I wasn't sure what time the dinner was anymore. Unfortunately my excuse was pretty bad. I was doing some returns at the mall across the street and it took longer than I expected--quite frankly because I just didn't care. I dropped off a ring to get it sized, freshened my makeup at a makeup counter, got samples of some chocolate, returned some shoes and tried on a few more just for fun. But I did finally get there. Maybe I wasn't late, I just have an alternate sense of time.

I lied.
When they asked me what I do, I answered:
I'm a stripper. I have 4 kids and that takes a serious toll on the body.

Swing: Well, since J is a personal trainer, I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out.

We all had a good laugh. I usually find these kind of responses annoying. I've had guys tell me they are a butt model and it's seriously not amusing when you are being serious.

When they asked me what I do for fun, I answered:
I like to go to dinners with people I don't really know and lie to them. I like play 2 lies and a half-truth.

I talked about my ex.
They got a kick out of it at first. How many people break up with someone and then get matched to them on match.com? Then again, it's sort of the second time something like that happened to me with match.com.

Swing asked me, In your perfect world, was he the one?
I made a face. No. In other words, I lied.

The truth: In my perfect world, he would be perfect too.

Swing: No more talking about your ex or we're going to think you're bitter. By the way, how long ago was this?
Savvy: Last month.
Swing: No wonder,

Not all the dating blunders were mine. J was really cold and had his arms crossed over his chest. My hands were warm, so I took his hands in mine. Wow! You were serious. I thought guys didn't get cold.

Well, I have gastric colitis and it makes me anemic. I thought it was another whopper, but he was serious. Yuck! Who wants to know!!??

Maybe I'm not ready to meet someone new just yet. But then again, we'll see because I have another date tonight.

---------------------
I have gone back through and labeled the comments Swing made as Swing. He didn't have a nickname then because I hadn't started that yet!


2 comments:

Cowgirl Betty said...

Are you kidding me? It's The Great Conspiracy . . .they know when you don't care anymore, and are more desperate to gain back their influence! Hehe!

When I was a singleton, I got hit on loads by fellows right after breaking up. I just didn't get it. Now I get it--it's because guys see you caring for yourself and not putting on some act.

It also helps a ton to get back out there. I don't know how many times friends forced me out in public after a big breakup, only to sing my praises to various guys they encountered--I guess they would be considered my surrogates.

I know you really don't appreciate it, but ya still got it, Girl! Paint the town beige!

Adi said...

I agree here with CB. I am not sure guys really realize this, but we all want someone or something that everybody else wants. It's kind of like, most guys don't want to step out on a limb and say "hey -this is what I like, this is what makes me happy, and I don't care if you agree with my choice or not".

The most attractive women are always the ones who don't really care about impressing other people. Men like women with that attitude because it gives the woman higher social value and then her value reflects back on him.