...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

What are you looking for?

Every once in awhile, some generous soul wants to try to set you up. Last time, I couldn't help joking around!

I was in the room with Cute Single Teacher and a Married Teacher. I had heard him make some casual conversation with another teacher who asked, "You look like you didn't sleep much last night. What was her name?" Men have a natural tendancy to go along with this. "Caroline." Oh great. The only cute single guy and he's kind of a jerk.

MT asked, "So, what are you looking for?"

I've heard this question before and answered honestly so many times. I just don't feel like baring my soul to well-meaning strangers anymore. Plus, it was a disaster of the first degree when I did get set up. (Should I call?)

"Someone nice. Not you." This was directed at Cute Teacher.

MT, "He's a nice guy. Seriously, what are you looking for?"

"Money. One of a man's most endearing qualities is his wallet."

"Well, looks like teachers are out."

"Yep. I'm sooo OK with that."

After that, do I think, touche, I'm soooo funny? Or do I think, Oh darn, she might have set me up with my dream man.

I've decided I'm freaking hysterical!





No comments: