...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Benchwarmer in the Game of Love



Last night I thought I'd be writing about getting things back on track with a boyfriend.

Now it seems like that just isn't the case. I have a friend who tells me it's normal for people to be seeing other people and doing their own thing. But it just seems like every time we are getting close again something happens that makes me pause.

He was sick with bronchitis last week, now I have a sinus infection that turned into a horrible cough. I now sound like a frog. I pretty much gave up on him last week since I felt shut out. Then he texted and called me to catch up. When it came to going out he offered, "Maybe Sunday." Via text flirting, this led to a date:

C: If I didn't have to go to work, I would bring you something.
D: Please bring some xoxo on Sunday.
C: When would you like a theraputic visit?

But today after a few promising texts, I called for the sheer entertainment value of sounding like a frog. He sang an opera chorus to me, which I really enjoyed. We both enjoy singing-an unusual quality in a man. We had a few laughs until...

Well, does it sound alarm bells off for you if a guy took the night off from work and didn't think to try to spend Friday night with you? Then suddenly Sunday wasn't certain because he may have signed up for overtime.

There is certainly something to be said for taking things slowly, but he was talking about going away next weekend, Sunday not being for certain. Did he hear the disappointment in my voice? To use sports terms, which men understand, when he took me to a wedding and I thought I was first string. Now I'm starting to feel like a bench warmer.















No comments: