...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'm just not that into you

Sometimes it's OK to call a guy. Some examples of OK include when you just aren't that into him as a date, but wouldn't mind being friends.
I called him when I knew he couldn't call me back. So he emailed me.
His email:

From: R
To: D
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 12:06:31 AM
Subject: Re: From R
Hey D,

First off I wanted to apologize for missing your phone call. You can always get a hold of me at (999) 999-9999. That's my cell phone number. At the time I was in class, and I was preparing for several exams, but I have been thinking about you. I would like to go out for lunch or dinner with you if you would like to. I will give you a call tomorrow. Have a nice night :) and take care!

-R


Honestly it sounds like lie, lie, lie, lie, la la la la la lie, lie la la lie.
My nonchalant, non-commital response:

----------------------------------

Hi R,

I thought I was calling your cell when I called, oops! I've been really busy this week and am superbusy this weekend with singing at a wedding and family coming into town for the weekend. Dinner sounds great. We'll have to actually make a plan. You're supposed to be at home waiting for my phone call. What gives? ;)

Talk to you soon,
D


-------------------------- ---

I left out the part where I was not at work because I had a stomach flu. Gross. And still feeling it a little bit.

Honestly, I don't know why I bothered. I've already written him off as a potential date. OK, let me be honest, I found him attractive. The thought of actually going out with him sounded nice. The thought that he was actually going to call also sounded a little bit nice. THe thought of kissing someone I am attracted to also sounds a little bit nice.

What I can't get over is when people say they are going to call and don't for days on end. I wouldn't want a boyfriend like that. The other thing I can't get over is that one of the times he said he was going to call me, he did keep his word but called really late.

I love how in his email he is sure to let me know that I can reach him any time. Right. He's got my number and knows how to use a phone. If I can reach him anytime, then he can certainly pick up his phone and call me anytime. Thank God for the cell phone, because I would really hate to have been a girl in the 1950s waiting for some stupid boy to call.

I've got a better idea. Instead of going out and me waiting around for a phone call from this guy, why don't we break up now so we can be friends.





1 comment:

Kisci Mony said...

You have a great time writing this blog, don't you?