I did NOT make this up, but I'm relying on your comments about this. It seems like many people--both men and women are delaying marriage for a variety of reasons. Do you agree with what The National Marriage Report from Rutger's University has to say? Which ones are true for Christians? Are there any that are true for Christians that aren't listed? How does this change things in how we relate to the world?
The TOP TEN reasons why men don't want to marry:
1. They can get sex without marriage more easily today than in times past.
2. They can enjoy the benefits of having a wife by cohabitating rather than marrying.
3. They want to avoid divorce and its financial risks.
4. They want to wait until they are older to have children.
5. They fear marriage will require to many changes and compromises.
6. They are waiting for the perfect soulmate and she hasn't yet appeared.
7. They face few social pressures to marry.
8. They are reluctant to marry a woman who has already had children.
9. They want to own a house before they get a wife.
10.They want to enjoy single life as long as they can.
If you ask me, it's an uphill battle. Relationships move very quickly and people want the goodies without the work. I've often been told by friends and family alike that I should seperate love and marriage from sex or that I should stop being such a prude. What gives them the right to judge me or call me anything? Am I a prude or are some of the people I love just a little too free? I know that some people agree with my choice of lifestylfe wholeheartedly. I know that I wouldn't be a prude with the right guy and the blessing of the Lord in marriage. END.